- images: 49
- views: 951
- date: 6-12-19
- NY Metro
Freelance Graphic Designer / Textile Surface Designer 11/ 2016 - Present
• Creating original surface textile prints, for kids, juniors and missy contemporary fashion, home decor and
gift industries for every season.
• Shop the market to determine new seasonal trends in the marketplace.
Age Group, New York, NY 12/2009 - 4/2019
Senior Graphic Designer
• Create original genric graphic prints for PJ Couture sleepwear and loungewear for juniors and missy
as well as licensed Hello Kitty and Hanes Brand.
• Merchandising the sleepwear lines.
• Collaborate with designers on sizing, placement, technique, and color ways.
• Research for inspirations for seasonal presentation boards and look books while using current trends and print techniques.
• Shop the market to determine new seasonal trends in art / Review seasonal magazines and trend books for art reference.
• Responsible for detailing art production, and developing presentation boards.
• Create tech-packs for factories and update all tech packs to reflect all changes.
• Direct Graphic Designers with print inspiration and art direction.
• Approve factory Strike-offs.
• Report status of all projects and issues to vice president.
Ariela & Associates International- New York, NY 11/2007 - 11/2009
• Creating original allover prints, and screens in a high paced atmosphere for sleepwear and intimates for girls and juniors.
• Develop trend presentations, print advertisments, banners, typograhic posters, promotional merchandise and signage
• Consult with internal clients on the most appropriate graphic design options based on their overall marketing goals.
• Prepare all prodution for factories and or press to final delivery of all projects.
The Cayre Group - New York, NY 10/ 2003 -10/2007
Art Director of Juniors Sleep / Lounge
• Shop retail for new samples, fabrics and trims
• Establish trends for season and choose materials for samples.
• Creating original allover prints, screens, and appliques in illustrator in a high paced atmosphere.
• Assist in providing direction to graphic designers and freelancers.
• Develop logos, illustrations, tags, labels and other graphics for apparel from concept to final art form.
• Creating and sending out tech packs, trim pages, line sheets, specification pages.
• Be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop, have strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Interact with merchants, designers and product managers.
• Work closely with the XOXO and Mudd Approval Process at every season.
• Assist in Private Label with Missy and Juniors allover repeats and screens.
Peter Max / Via Max, Inc. - New York, NY 10/2000 - 11/2003
• Design posters, gallery invitations, clothes, packaging, press kits, books, cars, and planes in a fun creative studio.
• Work closely with Peter Max to strategize new concepts based on overall marketing goals.
• Prepare all files for press.
HLW International LLP - New York, NY 3/1996 - 10/2000
• Implement standard templates for marketing materials, as needed: books, newsletters, brochures, posters,
stationary, award submittals, corporate branding, sketchbooks, promotional pieces.
• Design with direction from Senior Designer high end presentation templates, consistent with firm's corporate and design standards.
• Collaborate with members of Communications Department on special projects, as needed.
• Proactively drive multiple projects from concept through production in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY BFA Graphic Design
*references & samples furnished upon mutual interest