- images: 9
- views: 2270
- date: 10-24-18
Assistant Designer, Eminent Sportswear, New York
*Sketched sweaters for LOFT by Ann Taylor, & dresses for Guess
*Designed crests & apparel; menswear & womenswear for Princess Cruises
*Created cads to be sent to buyers
*Rendered full scale layouts of sweater intarsias, prints, embroideries on Adobe Illustrator, & sent them to factories in Hong Kong
*Communicated with factories regarding art work, layouts, strike offs, & logos.
Assistant CAD Designer, JM Studio, New York October 2013-January 2014
*Rendered figures & flats for cads on illustrator, to send to designer / buyers.
* Prepared garments for the owner for trunk / trade shows.
*Corresponded with factory in china regarding mock ups / counter samples that are needed for each delivery.
Design / Sales Assistant, Notations, New York August 2012-October 2013
* Prepared presentation boards, sketched & rendered flats on adobe illustrator.
* Assisted ad sample coordinator, cutter, & patternmaker in the sample making process.
* Created ad samples & sent them to buyers in a timely manner for each delivery.
* Communicated & sent out prints to be produced by fabric vendors.
*Maintained swatch library, records of encad prints, and fabric room.
Design Intern, Pamella Roland, New York March 2012-August 2012
* Sent out embroidery layouts for beading to india.
*Took notes during fittings.
Design Assistant, Federico Sangalli, Milan, Italy June 2007-Dec 2007
* Contributed ideas for leather jackets, dresses, & purses in italian.
Freelance Production Assistant, Vera Wang, New York Summer 2006
* Negotiated manufacturing details for dresses and trims with local contractors.
*Calculated yardage of fabric & trim for each delivery & tracked domestic and international shipments. *Maintained fit records during production fittings with design and sales teams.
Production Assistant, Alberto Makali, New York Dec 2005-May 2006
*Illustrated instructions utilizing Adobe Photoshop.
*Produced line sheets for sportswear & eveningwear lines.
*Maintained & updated price lists & purchase orders on the aria system.
* Communicated in mandarin with garment factories, sample room, & fabric vendors in china.
*Instructed overseas contractors on fabric purchases & garment construction.
Design/Production Assistant, Pesavento Couture, New York Jan 2005-August 2005
* Offered creative ideas, conceptualized designs for dress collections, & rendered thumbnail sketches for production purposes.
*recorded purchase orders, invoices & swatch requests.
*Communicated in italian with fabric vendors in italy and translated into mandarin all correspondence with sample makers.
Design Assistant, At Last Sportswear, New York Jan 2003-June 2003
*Rendered flats by hand & on adobe illustrator
*Made specifications of garments to be sent to factories overseas.
Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY, New York, BFA, Major: Fashion Design, Graduated: May 2005
Istituto di Moda Burgo, Milan, Italy, Certificate in Evening wear Specialization, Completed: May 2007
Computer: Knowledge of PC/Mac platforms, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Blue Cherry and Microsoft Office
Fashion: Sample making, Making Specifications, Rendering Full Scale Layouts
Languages: Mandarin and Italian