- images: 1
- views: 919
- date: 3-24-10
Collaborate with Designer, Design Assistants and Merchandisers to procure critical design information related to the technical development requirements of a style or product including; material, trim and color direction and style intent.
Track prototype creation through pattern, sample, fit and grading processes collaborating closely with technical design team, agents and factories to ensure specification and prototypes are as accurate as possible and represent design intention. Offer suggestions, changes and production perspectives to improve products and insure successful commercialization of the product during manufacturing.
Establish parameters for style specifications, style measurements, quality standards and construction details. Identify and document any construction details or sew methods that need to be communicated to the garment factories. Review and approve sew by samples ensure that the garments meet design requirements, specifications quality standards.
For each category; ensure that Bills of Materials, specifications, measurements and construction comments are imputed into database; maintained and accurate. Ensure seasonal timelines are met and that styles have complete spec packages when sent out to the liaison offices for development.
Communicate all style development to the appropriate liaison office keeping them abreast of progress and concerns. Work closely with Production, Planning, Mills and the liaison offices to understand suppliers and contractors and their abilities.
Work closely with Mills and Factories to identify and source appropriate materials, yarns and trims for style development. Assist with creating and updating seasonal materials and parts lists and color development lab dip and strike off needs.
Review factory prototypes, salesman samples, pre-production and production for accuracy, color match, quality and function. Communicate findings to the appropriate persons including, Design / Merchandising, Production, Quality Assurance and the factory liaison offices.
* Comprehensive knowledge of apparel construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations.
* Possess strong working knowledge of yarns, materials and functional aspects of sportswear, swimwear and accessories.
* Possess strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with various levels of management and employees within the organization as well as vendors and world wide personnel.
* Ability to motivate individuals involved in the production process.
* Ability to negotiate production deadlines with individuals/departments involved.