- views: 246
- date: 10-23-11
Chicago, IL, October 2010- Current
- Position offers the rare opportunity to learn and follow one a mastertailor tailors. Oxxford Clothes is the last US manufacturer to still make hand made suits. Internship provides knowledge on traditional craftsmanship, quality, and correct construction of proper menswear.
Chicago, IL, July 2010- October 2010
- Responsible for design boards and color ups as well as technical specs/flats for all designs.
- Assisted and prepped for runway shows, editorial shoots, product shots and lookbooks.
- Position offered the opportunity to learn about a fashion start up; brand identity, marketing and local production.
Canton, MA, January 2007- March 2010
- Researched fashion and market trends and reviewed samples of new textiles and products.
- Responsible for market shopping and attending trade shows to stay current on trends.
- Chose all materials and textiles; fabrics, trims and labels.
- Worked closely with graphic design team, product marketers, and developers to execute product vision.
- Sketched illustrations and drafted apparel designs through Adobe illustrator and Photoshop.
- Created technical sheets/specs of product for product managers, pattern makers and factories to work from.
- Presented concepts and ideas to directors, designers and marketing teams for all US based/Global design reviews.
- Attended and recorded all fits/prototype reviews; worked closely with pattern makers to address fit and construction.
- Maintained all codes for trims and fabrics per each garment.
- Worked closely with the fabric team and color team to ensure innovative fabrics and progressive color.
- Spearheaded the creation of Reebok Archive. Presented and pitched funding, housing and operational options.
Mens and Womens Retrosport Classics Apparel, Mens Heritage Apparel, Mens Tennis Competition and
Club Collection, Mens Sport Basics, Lifestyle SMU Collections based on regional requests
* Promoted to Designer I April 2009
Massachusetts College Of Art, Boston, MA, 2007-2009
Pattern Drafting I, Clothing Construction, Fashion Illustration
Boston University, Boston, MA, 2005
Bachelor Of Fine Arts, Concentration in Painting/ Minor, Art History
Fashion Institute Of Technology, New York City, NY, Summer 1996
Fashion Illustration, Sewing I
* Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, technical drawings and specs, Microsoft Office, Knowledge of Excel.
The Greater Boston Food Bank
Boston, MA, 2006-2010,
Volunteer, Annual Sunday Hunger Brunch