- images: 60
- views: 1701
- date: 8-17-16
Summary of the skills & abilities that set me apart from the rest.
• I am a highly well rounded and proficient designer. I posses the aptitude to acclimate to any environment quickly and produce results immediately.
• Excellent freehand and flat sketching skills on paper or computer.
• Creative yet analytical thinker that is pragmatic enough to meet the demands of the industry.
• Always researching & being in tune with trends/ trend forecasts for color, prints & silhouettes.
• In my spare time I provide fashion & wardrobe consulting services. I have been awarded Best of 2015 List for Clothing designers in the NY area by previous clients & Thumtack.com. thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/clothing-designers/
• I was also Awarded Best of 2016 for wardrobe consulting/ personal shopping in the NY area by previous clients & Thumbtack.com. https://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/personal-shoppers/
• Experience operating & branding my own clothing label & executing runway presentations.
• My previous knitwear experience with Ann Taylor Loft, Magaschoni, Chico’s and others, qualifies me as a Senior Knit wear designer. I have designed & graphed full fashion and Cut& Sew knits on paper, with sample mock ups & form draping. Experienced in knit color design mock-ups, Lab dip approvals, lead tech design meetings, overseas factory communications & production.
• I am a very proficient technical designer having extensive experience with fittings, tech packs, specing, patterns, draping and technical production, yield evaluation & cost assessment, strike off/ lab dip approvals, fabric & sample development from PP to TOP. I also have QC experience.
• I have production experience having worked closely with Domestic, Asian, Cambodia, Vietnam, Latin American, India, Bangladesh and European production companies.
• I am fluent in several languages English, Spanish, German, Italian.
• I am very proficient in many computer programs that relate to the fashion industry including AS400, PLM, PDM, Web PDM , Photoshop, Illustrator, Colour Matters, Primavision, U4ria, Lectra and others.
• I am a well qualified print and textile designer, my original prints and artwork are represented by Wendy Ford Design Studio, Jovoto (Germany) Award Winner, NR Studio, Design Lab, Printed Village (Award Winner). My clients include DYE-Namix, Berkshire Int’l and Gilwood Int'l amongst others.
• I have excellent time management skills and can prioritize my work to meet calendar deadlines.
• I have an excellent ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team to meet & surpass goals.
• I work well independently or within a team to meet deadlines and create the best possible product for our target costumer.
You can see examples of my previous collections & contracted work, if you visit my linked IN profile at:
My seasonal concept sketches reside in my hard copy portfolio and inspirational books which I prefer to present in person.
All of my experiences as a whole have given me the adaptability to resolve situations quickly and effectively. I work extremely well under pressure and have the versatility to meet different challenges, which includes participating in a design competition reality television show “24Hour Catwalk”
Yes, I am that rock star designer and fashion professional, but don't just take my word for it. Read dozens of my reviews by clicking the link below.