- images: 23
- views: 17816
- date: 1-7-21
- NY Metro
Handbag and Accessories Designer/ Line builder with thirteen years experience in Accessories industry designing branded and private label lines for well-known companies. Highly skilled in sketching, technical specification creation, pattern making, sample production and merchandising of handbags, small leather goods, backpacks, diaper bags, jewelry and other accessories. Demonstrating line planning, designing into a target price range, production knowledge and skills in FOBs and negotiating. Experienced in communicating and working with overseas factories and vendors. Expertise in trend presentation and research for accessories collections. Knowledge of French and Italian.
- Fully proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge and InDesign (all current versions, both Mac or PC)
- Average typing speed of 90wpm, Knowledgeable in all Windows and Mac platforms
- Microsoft Word, Works, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, Filemaker, PLM
- Understanding of technical specification sheets for design and production
- Knowledge of pattern-making and construction of handbags
- Technical sketching skills for production specs and presentation purposes.
BALLET GROUP INC., NEW YORK, NY 2011-2016
Graphics Department Manager - Senior Graphics and Product/Jewelry Designer
Responsible for creation of hardware, charms and other designs to send overseas for creation using Photoshop and Illustrator to create both renderings/mockups as well as technical drawings. Directly team with merchandising team to work on special projects for important new accounts to generate fresh business. Research market and online trend forecasting tools as well as have a finger on the pulse of street style in order to conceptualize new jewelry styles as well as packaging concepts. Professionally photograph and retouch all incoming jewelry as well as outgoing presentation boards. Creation of trend boards, lookbooks, and trend handouts to give buyers a taste of what looks are to be the next hot seller. Work closely with both merchandisers and sales team for large accounts such as Nordstrom, Target or Kohl's to create the most unique and saleable product for their target customer.
SILVER GOOSE ACCESSORIES, NEW YORK, NY 2006-2011
Creative Director / Merchandiser / Production
Manage programs for large retail vendors that include handbags, small leather goods (SLG), Jewelry, Hair Accessories, Carry-on, Backpacks, Diaper bags, etc. Sketching technical drawings in Adobe Illustrator. Follow various style guides pertaining to each brand or license. Sit in on several meetings with buyers in order to properly gauge their interest on the lines. Meet with licensors to arrange the time and action calendar. Plan lines for a range of different brands, from girls to ladies handbags and accessories. Team up with apparel designers to create a cohesive line of clothing and matching accessories. Create jacquard patterns and other prints for textiles based on brand or trend. Analyze current trends and translating them into specific branded categories. Produce technical packages to be sent overseas for handbag production. Aid sales team and educating them for each specific product. Creating catalogs for sales team that contain all necessary information regarding each product (Cost, MSRP, color breakdown, case-pack, delivery, etc.) Prepare sales staff for any out-of-town appointments by arming them with all necessary samples, photos, trend boards, presentation boards, CADs, etc.) Communicate with factories regarding price points, negotiations, and orders. Organize, categorize, and photograph incoming samples. Research and develop trend presentation boards for current collections. Analyze and map out handbag buys to create a streamlined group of product. Shop NYC for product research and development. Achieved sale of +200,000 units by designing collection for ladies branded handbags.
- Reduced production costs by negotiating with overseas factory to achieve better product for lower price.
- Increased profit margin by 15% for women's branded line by negotiating price reduction with overseas factory.
- Developed new line which was bought by higher-end retail department stores(Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, etc.)
- Managed team of designers to create Hello Kitty Jewelry program purchased by Mass and Department stores such as Target and Macy's while gaining interest from further stores like Kohl's for future Mid-tier programs.
- Standardized sampling procedure with two key factories to make sample turnaround more time-effective.
- Achieved major brand exposure with sale of handbags for brand new license to a major retail store
LA RUE INTERNATIONAL, NEW YORK, NY (Company acquired by SilverGoose) 2006-2006
Handbag and SLG Designer
Responsible for designing line of handbags for urban and junior market. Communicated with factories daily in order to stay within the time and action calendar set forth by creative director. Utilized online trend forecasting for research and development. Shopped market in order to gauge style and up-to-trend detailing. Organized sketches and materials. Sourced body and trim materials for development samples. Keep all incoming samples organized. Design and update styles for upcoming season for juniors branded handbags. Traveled to store headquarters for all summit meetings and market week.
LIZ CLAIBORNE, NEW YORK, NY 2005-2005
Mini Handbag / SLG Design Intern
Assisted design team on projects for Fall, Holiday and Spring handbag and small leather goods (SLG) collections. Sketched and created technical packs for small leather goods/mini handbags for overseas factory. Communicated with textile, ornament and color suppliers to obtain materials for collection. Conceptualized and assembled mood/swatch presentation boards for upcoming season for design team. Developed updates and improved past designs for a future market. Attended trend and fabric forecasting meetings. Attended and contributed to marketing line review meetings. Organized showroom and sample room.
ETIENNE AIGNER, NEW YORK, NY 2004- 2004
Handbag Design Intern
Designed and developed handbags for upcoming spring and fall lines. Created updated for previous season's lines. Created specific tech sheets for designs. Communicated with overseas factory via E-mail and fax. Organized sketches and materials for design direction. Sketched and developed specifications packs for accessories production. Researched design inspirations for upcoming collections. Attended fabric shows for design research. Utilized online trend forecasting for research and development. Assisted in showroom display for buyers. Streamlined and organized design room's original samples to make referencing styles very accessible. Sourced body and trim materials for development samples.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, NY, NY
B.F.A., Accessories Design, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Dean's List - all semesters.
A. A. S., Fine Arts, Dean's List - all semesters, Graduated with honors.
- Handbag and small leather good published in "Making Leather Handbags" by Ellen Goldstein-Lynch (Fall 2004).
- Name notation in WWD (May 2004), Accessories Magazine (Aug. 2004), Shuz Magazine(Oct. 2004) for earning the Etienne Aigner Scholarship.
- Recipient of the 2003/2004 & 2004/2005 Etienne Aigner student scholarship.
- Participated in student art show at the 2/20 Gallery in November of 2001.
- Member of Accessories Design Club.
Available upon request