- images: 35
- views: 20463
- date: 7-17-21
- Southern CA
Thread & Cloth - Head Designer and Developer, Denim and Non-Denim – 2016-2020
• Responsible for all aspects of design and development from concept to production for men’s line.
• Re-launched new denim and non-denim programs concentrating on updating fabric, wash, and fit based on modernized classics while establishing a core business. Feedback from retailers as #1 selling denim brand in stores.
• Managed all concepts from washes, fit, fabric, trim, tech packs, and projects. Extensive travel to ensure details.
Joe’s Jeans - Senior Designer and Developer, Men’s Denim & Collection – 2015-2016
• Responsible for design direction and aesthetic for seasonal concepts of denim, sportswear, and outerwear concept through production.
• Briefed the marketing and sales teams on emerging trends and their relevance to the business as a whole.
• Launched new concepts including Kinetic and LA Vintage lines. Created collection packaging and overall look.
True Religion Brand Jeans – Men’s and Women’s Senior Design Developer – 2014-2015
• Provided seasonal creative direction in denim, non-denim, knits, sweaters, wovens, and outerwear while growing volume of collection by 20%.
• Travel to and work closely with overseas factories in Mexico focusing on wash, fit, and fabric innovation. Sourced and setup new full package vendors in China, Guatemala, and Vietnam. Extensive travel.
• Responsible for managing team of 5, and approval for all aspects of product design process including market research, mood board, designing, sketching, spec, fit, and fabrication. Worked in companies PLM.
Strom Brand – Women’s Denim/Sportswear Consultant and Production Manager – 2012-2014
• Re-launched collection, worked alongside creative director on direction of fabric, silhouette, fit, wash, sketch, color/concept, trims, graphics, print, and development through production. Defined consumer and created high-end collection. Delivered full line to boutique stores from concept to production in 4 months.
• Created and maintained company’s tech packs, BOM, cut tickets, and T&A calendar in companies PLM system. Managed cut, pattern, sewing, wash and finishing teams.
• Managed development budget, fittings, and negotiated material and labor costs with manufacturers. Set up structure and workflow for development and production. Managed in-house team of 4.
Paradigm Industries – Wash Consultant and Sales – 2011-2014
• Created new wash innovations and sales line for leading laundry in Los Angeles. Presented and sold line to existing and new customer base. Established new customer base while growing established business by 25%. Worked closely with mill and chemical suppliers for new and innovative product.
• Inspect, measure, conduct fittings, and solved fit and shrinkage issues, partnering with customer to assure highest quality according to required specifications.
• Developed new wash and dye techniques and managed wash team of 14. Trained team in wet and dry process development skills, as well as, customer service and WIP maintenance.
True Religion Brand Jeans – Men’s Sportswear Designer and Wash Development Manager – 2008-2011
• Spearheaded R&D wash development department, creating 40-60 washes per season across all categories, managing wash development and approval process from concept to production.
• Managed and negotiated wash costing, calendar, and innovation in meeting with design; communicate fabric, technical, design and production issues with design and production teams.
• Men’s Design included full range of sportswear and outerwear design and development through SMS.
• Established specifications, conducted fittings, wash, and sketch for each garment type maintained in PLM.
Guess, Inc. – Assistant Designer, Men’s – 2005-2008
• Worked with Designers to develop the fit and specification for samples, formulate corrections and provide solutions as appropriate. Tech pack, BOM, and spec creation maintained in companies PLM system.
• Conduct fit sessions on live models, review overall fit, and confirm all details of the garment.
Denim, Knits, Outerwear, Wovens, and Non-Denim (Working Knowledge of Sweaters)
Design, Development, Pre-Preproduction and Production of Full Cycle line creation
Patternmaking and Garment Construction
Fittings and Product Development
Expert Wash Finishing and Dyeing
Tech Pack, BOM, Spec creation and Sketching (Illustrator and Photoshop)
Fabric and Trim Development Sourcing
Packaging and Hardware graphics creation from concept to production
Artwork, Prints, Graphics, and Color Direction
Calendar and Infrastructure Building
Provide Quality Control Over Concepts and Projects
Liaison and Partner with Vendors/Service Providers; International and Domestic
Sourcing and Costing
Design and Develop in Fast-Paced Work Environment
Line Planning according to SKU plans, Sales Needs, and Trends
Trend Research and Analysis
Competitive Shopping and Vintage Research
Team Management and Training
CSU, Northridge, Northridge, CA (2002-2005)
BACHELOR OF THE ARTS - Apparel Design and Production, Department of Family & Consumer Sciences
PORTFOLIO, SAMPLE WORK, AND REFERENCES UPON REQUEST