- images: 6
- views: 15610
- date: 9-30-15
F R A N K M A R T I N O F F
LONGRIDGE AVE. / STUDIO CITY/ CA 91604 - E MAIL. firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn. Recruiter/Director of Human Resources
TOTAL 3 PAGES
EXPERIENCED IN KNITS-WOVEN-DENIM-SWEATERS AND POSSESS LARGE AND EXTENSIVE PORTFOLIO.
Dear Sir or Madam,
In response to your present search for a highly experienced Fashion Designers or future Design related positions,
please find for your consideration a copy of my resume.
The next two pages will give you a compact overview of my talents and experience.
By connecting to:
Please keep in mind that each company has its own needs and that this is only a narrow
representation of my design capabilities.
In summary I have:
- over 20 years experience in the U.S. and European fashion industry.
- rarely matched design and creative ability,
possess extensive portfolio, which extends beyond my resume.
- designed and merchandised budget through high-end juniors, womens and mens
- designed, developed and implemented different product categories for several countries.
- managed departments up to 20 people, from sample makers through
- sourced fabrics domestic and international.
- supervised fabric production and pitched prints for regular line development
as well as private label customers.
- the ability to work with design and sales as a team.
- technical knowledge to design and develop new fabrics.
- technical knowledge of production and fit problems
in woven, knits - sweaters and stretch goods.
- CAD Photoshop and Illustrator
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of meeting with you and reviewing
my extensive portfolio and your companys needs to see how my talents would
meet your companys future goals.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime with any further questions you may have.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
F R A N K M A R T I N O F F
LONGRIDGE AVE / STUDIO CITY / CA 91604 E MAIL. email@example.com
KISCA/ KOMAROV Ent. Inc. Sept. 2006 till present
Head Designer Full responsibility of all facets of line development from concept to final duplication of Line,
Line direction, includes graphics, tech-packs and daily communications with Chinese Factories.
ROCK&REPUBLIC /HEAD DESIGNER Dec 2004 till July 2005
THE ROMAR GROUP INC. Los Angeles Head Designer Urban Street Wear 2002- Dec 2004
- Responsible for new Line Development from Concept-Finish, for Major Fortune 500 Companies incl. famous TV, R&B, Music and Entertainment Personalities.
(High End Couture, Designer Denim Sportswear, High End Mass Juniors for Men, Women and Kids).
With extensive Client List.
TRACY EVANS / FIRST OPTION and LAWRENCE STEVENS FASHION NEW YORK 01/02/2001 till 9/2001
- Head Designer & Consultant: Moderate/Contempo. womens sportswear and extensive Private-Label.
Included sportswear, related separates- woven, blouses, knitwear and sweaters.
SUSAN EDGAR DESIGN NEW YORK, NY 99 to 01
- Design Consultant: for this New York based Image Consultant Company.
Clients include Sir Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Hillary Clinton, Madeline Albright,
Rosie ODonnell, The New York Stock Exchange, ING Baring, Disney, Mattel, The President
of China, The President of Russia.
SONY/TRISTAR/COLUMBIA PICTURES NEW YORK, NY 97 to 99
- Design Consultant: Initiate the design and merchandising of special retail programs
and licensing tie-ins for stores such as Bloomingdales and other mass retailers in
conjunction with films and television shows including: Memoirs of a Geisha(Dream-
Works SKG), Dawsons Creek, and the upcoming computer animated film,
Stuart Little (Rob Minkoff). Product categories include sportswear, accessories,
shoes and cosmetics for women, juniors, men and children.
CHEROKEE, INTERNATIONAL INC. LOS ANGELES, CA. 95-97
- Designer: Responsibilities included designing/merchandising for denim and denim related
sportswear, cut-and-sew knitwear, and accessories for men, women and children.
Developed international licensing relationships with Japan, Korea, MONDRAGON/ Philippines,
OTTO VERSAND/Germany and the U.S sourced fabrics overseas through international agents and textile mills.
Developed overseas catalog accounts and private label relationships with European
manufacturers on behalf of the company. Provided design/conceptual consulting
services for japans Itochu Group / Tokyo-based retail licensing venture.
NEWPORT APPAREL LOS ANGELES, CA. 93-95
- Design Director: Supervised a design staff of 10, designers, sample hands, and cutters.
Merchandised monthly junior sportswear collections consisting of 150 + skus.
L.A. ANNEX LOS ANGELES, CA. 91-93
- Head Designer: Designed junior sportswear and knitwear collections on a monthly
basis and increased wholesale client base volume in the first 6 months by 7%.
Supervised a design staff of 15.
CHRISTIAN DE CASTELNAU LOS ANGELES, CA. 89-91
- Head Designer: Created and merchandised bi-monthly weekend designer knit collections
from initial sketch through preproduction and fittings. Graphed multi-color handknit intarsia
sweaters and provided all technical design aspects of Orient development and
production. Supervised design staff of 8 employees. Designed new concept for separate
collection under Castelnau name for a designer sportswear collection. Concept included
womens cut-and sew knits, woven sportswear, and sweaters.
F R A N K M A R T I N O F F RESUME PAGE # 2
MISS JOANN LOS ANGELES, CA. 12/88-1/90
- Head Designer: Responsible for designing and following through on womens
knit/woven designer sportswear collection.
FREELANCE DESIGN CONSULTANT; EUROPE/USA
Designing/Merchandising including fabric researching and sample supervision-
technical support for Major US - European Design Houses.
Clients have included:
- MONDI Germany
- MONDRAGON Philippines
- CALVIN KLEIN/ URBAN OUTFITTERS / CHRISTIAN de CASTELNAU / LEVIS
- FEMMEZ /Los Angeles 1987-88 / high fashion designer-sportswear
- KYRA / Duesseldorf F.R. Germany 1985-87 / womens and mens
- HEIN GERICKE / Duesseldorf, Germany 1986 / new mens biker collection
- SAN LORENZO / Duesseldorf, Germany 1984-86 / woven/knit/
leather designer-collection for women and men.
- ANTONELLA TRICOT / Carpi, Italy 1986 / sweater / cut and sew
- RENE LEZARD / Kaiserslautern, Germany 1985-86 /mens and
womens woven designer-collection incl. Knit tops.
- ROSNER / Munich, Germany 1986-87 / better womens woven bottom
- GUIDO PASQUALLI / German Division 1985 / designer womens shoes.
- OTTO KERN / Kaiserslautern, Germany 1985-86 / womens tops
- PACO RABANNE / Germany / Designer womens & mens Underwear Collection.
- BA Graduate, National Textile & Technique University, Reutlingen / Germany
Five-year program with an emphasis in Knit and Sweater Design and Technique.