- images: 60
- views: 459
- date: 3-31-21
- NY Metro
Extensive experience in knits and woven fabrications, construction and fittings with the technical team . Specializing in shopping retail markets, fabric development, creating graphics which utilizes current fashion trends, silhouettes and colors. Having experience on collections and private label programs for major Department Stores, Outlets, and Clubs.
Design and Product Development
International Intimates Inc.- Rene' Rofe'
April 2017- Present
•Designed and developed seamless active and intimates collection for department stores.
•Collaboratively worked with the VP of Design and Sales to modify the collection based on customers' direction, needs, and price point.
•Worked cross- functionally in a collaborative fashion with the Creative Team, Production, Technical Team, Overseas Factories and suppliers in the development of appropriate and cost effective sourcing strategies.
•Manage the product development process by creating tech packs, daily communication with overseas factories,and attending live model fit sessions.
• Attending and accessorizing live model photo shoots for life style department store campaigns, signage and product shots for e-commerce sites.
•Product development for Infant apparel- Sportswear, Layette, Sleepwear and Play wear.
•Technical support in Seamless Intimates for Victoria Secrets, Gap and Uncommon Sense.
Senior Apparel Designer, Product development, Merchandiser
February 2009 - December 2016
•Designed and presented new silhouettes to department store teams which fit within their brand identity, colors and customer profile using a wide variety of fabrics and construction details. Stores included Kohl’s Jockey, Costco, Lord + Taylor, Belk and Macy's.
•Worked closely with the President of Sales, and President of Design in all presentations and new developments in Illustrator and Photoshop.
•Facilitated the communication between customers, the creative team and production teams concerning new products, fabric development and sourcing.
•Submitted original sketches and worked with the first/ production pattern makers and sewers to create line samples and fits in production.
Merchandiser/ Senior Designer/ Production/ Sourcing
October 2007 - January 2009
• Designed, Merchandised and sourced the Crabtree and Evelyn, Cuddle Duds Sleepwear collections and various private label programs. Often traveling to customer’s corporate locations to present concepts and original samples.
• Directed teams in all phases of prints, product development, fits, sourcing, negotiated costing with factories, managed all production approvals to ensure all submits matched for the brand"s identity and partnered with production team.
• Communicated with overseas factories concerning deliveries, costing, fabric printing and production approvals.
• Working with Sales and Management to set target costs and line pricing are met.
• Presented lines to sales team and corporate buyers often creating private label programs for additional customers and department stores.
Account Executive/ Senior Designer/ Merchandiser
January 2005 - October 2007
• Launched first Licensed Disney Couture Women’s/ Juniors Sleepwear line for Department Stores and Boutiques.
• Designed programs for private label accounts for adults and children’s sleepwear sensitive to various price points for Disney Stores, Disney On-Line/ Catalog, and Disney Land.
• Other Accounts included Madison Square Garden- Radio City Rockettes, N.Y. Rangers N.Y. Knicks, Liberty Pajamas and hooded towels for adults and kids sleepwear and lounge wear.
• Negotiated pricing with factories and clients to ensure company’s profitability.
• Managed and operated a profitable “Drop Shipment” Disney program and created quarterly royalty reports.
October 1999 - January 2005
• Managed the design process and all production submits and approvals from conception to final production of a 20 Million dollar division in Women’s, Men’s and Children’s sleepwear for a private label accounts which included character and non- character sleepwear and lounge wear.
• Create new placement and embroidered graphics with allover prints for private label Disney accounts which included Disney World, Disney Land, Disney Stores, and Online/ Catalog.
• Managed a team of Designers, Graphic artists, pattern makers, sample room sewers and the technical department.
• International travel to factories in Turkey for initial concept/ line samples and production printing and embroideries.
Associate Designer- Product Development
October 1997 - January 1999
• Worked as a liaison between the customers, sales, and factories on development and production submits, art and approvals.
• Created all production packages including print repeats, embroidery development, and lab dip approvals.
• Created presentation boards for trends and customers- Victoria Secrets, Anne Lewin, XOXO, Disney Private Label, and Private Label for Department Stores.
• Researched and shopped stores for original samples for fabrics, silhouettes, screen and allover print techniques, and embroideries.