- images: 60
- views: 11684
- date: 10-3-16
- Midwest, Northwest, Northern CA, International, All Regions
Fort Collins, CO
Objective: To use my experienced business & design skills to create innovative and fashion forward collections to drive trends and sales for the long-term success of a strong brand in the Outdoor & Action Sports Industry.
* Brand management & Direction
* Innovative Apparel & Gear Design
* Technical Outerwear Design& Development
* Bag & Gear Design & Development
* Trim / Print / Art Design and Production
* Staff Mgmt/Leadership training
* Product Merchandising & Direction
* Trend analysis & forecasting
* Extensive travel for trade and factory work
* Technical Textile Development
* International Business Relations
* Vendor costing & negotiations
* Line plan creation & Management
* Viral marketing campaigns
* Category planning, maintaining, & margin analysis
Colorado State University 2000 - B.A. in Business/Commercial Recreation & Tourism
James Cook University, Australia 1999- Studied AUS practices of business and international relations
Computer Applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Mac, PC, MS Office, Patterning software
Creative Director WERX Design Firm 04/05 - Present
* Design & develop seasonal apparel lines for leading outdoor & Action Sports companies
* Design & develop technical outerwear, apparel, bag & gear, graphics, and accessories for clients
* Consult on branding initiatives, Seasonal trend & color forecasting, consumer insights, & sourcing assistance.
* Work with professional athletes & teams on product innovation initiatives - from Mt. Hood to Mt. Everest
* Factory/trim/fabric Sourcing & production management for emerging brands or expanding brands
Director of Design Marker Ltd 04/09 - 11/10
* Responsible for complete Brand & Design redirection, to bring up to date, refocus, & target new audiences
* Design & develop seasonal collections of technical outerwear to base layers
* Factory / vendor / material sourcing, cost negotiations, line merchandising & planning, trend analysis
* Leader for Design, Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Production & Warranty departments
Senior Designer : Outdoor Under Armour Performance Apparel 07/06-04/08
* Design lead for the entire newly formed outdoor and technical outerwear category (Mountain / Hunt / Tactical).
* Research, market, consumer, and trend forecasting, develop seasonal direction for category
* Managed and implemented design creation process to guarantee product excellence and effectively build the brand and category. Category has grown over 10x.
* Manage seasonal freelance design team to ensure brand cohesiveness and collaborative direction of category
* Collaborate with other apparel product teams (i.e. marketing, sales, athletes), and business units (i.e. footwear, team, in-line) to ensure continuity regarding design strategies and brand positioning.
Mens Designer ONeill Clothing Co. 6/04 08/05
* Design within all categories for ONeill Mens line
* Technical design & development for industry leading boardshort program
* Product research through research trips, trend analysis, product testing, & forecasting
* Worked with buyers on all design issues for major accounts such as Pacsun & Zumiez
Product Line Manager - Emu Australia footwear 1/04 6/04
* Designed and developed new styles, including new categories to line offering
* Coordinated and designed SMUs for other companies (Billabong, Rip Curl, Alloy)
* Lead and re-organized staff to be more efficient and productive in operations
Creative Director SeasonFive Clothing Co. 1/01 06/04
* Manage all aspects of design through production for entire Mens line
* Design print advertisement campaigns in domestic & international industry magazines.
* Design bi-annual catalog for seasonal line with domestic & international distribution, coordinate international photo shoots.
* Hired and managed sales rep force, coordinated trade show presence, POP display creation.
* Business Manager/Buyer - The Wright Life, Fort Collins, CO 1/02 07/02
* Senior Sales Supervisor - Copper Mountain Resort, CO 10/00 8/01
* Taught high school classes on design, for the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Taught and participated in NOLS courses in leadership and Wilderness EMT
* Lived and traveled in multiple continents, including Asia, Europe, S. Pacific, and S. America.
* Volunteered as inner city youth mentor through S.O.S snowboarding trips and activities.
* 2009 APEX Design Award for First Ascent Polartec Fleece Jacket
* 2009 Backpacker Magazine "Best All-Around" jacket, for First Ascent lightweight down sweater
* 2009 Backpacker Magazine "Best Bargain" jacket, for First Ascent BC100 2.5 Layer Fully welded jacket