Acing your Interview Outfitviews: 0
Believe it or not your outfit and overall appearance can have a HUGE impact when interviewing. Within the first 30 seconds most interviewers are able to decide whether or not you would be offered the job based on your outfit and appearance. Although fashion trends are constantly changing, having a few staple pieces in your closet that allow you to mix and match will make all the difference.
Not sure what those essential pieces are? Let us help! Here are 6 suggestions from the JBCStyle Fashion Recruiters that all professionals should incorporate to make acing your interview outfit and overall appearance that much easier:
1. Suit/Blazer: No matter what industry you are applying to, a suit or blazer is a classy, professional choice that will kick your overall presence up a notch as well as ensure the hiring managers to take you seriously. Another great thing about a suit and or blazer is they can be worn together or separately accompanied by an accent piece. To find the best bang for your buck we recommend looking at Macy’s, Zara’s, Nordstrom Rack, The Bloomingdale’s Outlet and Saks Off the Rack.
2. Professional Bag: Showing up to your interview with a backpack is a BIG no-no. Instead, go for a more professional appropriate bag or briefcase that can neatly stow away your portfolio, resume, cover letter and whatever else you may need for your interview.
3. Comfortable, but professional shoes: You want to have your full attention on your interview. Wearing a pair of shoes that have you counting down the seconds until you can take them off is probably not your best bet. Aim for a comfortable, yet professional shoe that will add to your outfit and keep your mindset focused and in the right place.
4. Hairstyle: If you walk into an interview with bed head and knots, I can promise you it’ll do the opposite of impressing your interviewees. Make sure beforehand, not only are you dressed the part but your hair is combed and tamed. This shows you went the extra mile with making sure you were prepped, prepared and groomed!
5. Printed Blouses: Adding printed blouses to your wardrobe is a great way to still dress professional while adding a little personality to your outfit.
6. Make up: Yes, believe it or not makeup is very important when interviewing. Showing up to an interview with last night’s going out make up, is probably not your best look. Go for the cleaner, fresh look with just enough make up on to show you made an effort and dressed it up a bit!
JBCStyle is the leading full-service search firm owning the niche industry of fashion recruitment. Our expertise is in corporate and retail roles across the apparel, accessories, footwear, beauty and action sports industries. With a focus on matching innovative brands with talented individuals, we are uniquely positioned to support our clients in their search for professionals looking to take the next step in their careers. We want to get to know you so please reach out to us and discover the opportunities at JBCStyle. JBCStyle has offices and an extensive network of recruiters in New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Amsterdam and various remote locations across the US. With over a decade of experience, our objective is to launch long-term, successful relationships between the individuals we place and our clients. Anything less is not the JBC way.