- images: 18
- views: 41629
- date: 12-15-21
- NY Metro
20 years of graphic design and management of art development in the fashion industry.
Manage art development and staff.
Able to work independently and concurrently handle multiple projects.
Expert in Mac OSX, Photoshop, Illustrator and INdesign. Comfortable with network environment.
Strong organizational, multi tasking and people skills.
2016 - 2019 Gerber Childrenswear New York, NY
Designer for NFL Infant & Toddler Collection
• Designing layette and toddler collection encompass 31 NFL teams
• Develop, and responsible for managing all phases of the NFL product design. Ensuring adherent to NFL licensing agreement, market trends, brand identity and overall business strategy, and customer’s criteria and budget.
• Work closely with sales and merchandiser on color pallet and material development, merchandise assortment strategy to stimulate sales and customer satisfaction.
• Manage creative and technical development from concept to develop to final production. Create design strategy and trend by identifying styles and trends and apply them to swatches, silhouette, color, fabric, and fit.
incorporate new technology and techniques resulting in
- Convince Walmart to place order for the season
Increase sales from 25K sku to 249K sku
Achieve 90% sale through
Expand clients include Target, Kohls and babyfan.com
2011-2016 Gerber Childrenswear New York, NY
Senior Artist/Associate Designer
• Manage production for multiple accounts, ensure accuracy, stay within budget and meet deadlines.
• Create original artwork for embroideries and print for package onesise, blanket sleeper and hanging layette.
• Create original artwork for NFL for newborn, infant and toddler. Make sure the artworks are playful, fun and cute yet still maintain the spirit of NFL.
• Work with local print shop for presentation boards and catalogs, coordinate with sample room to create art samples for clients.
• Create art and detail sheets for oversea production. • Organize and ensure the products well meet the stander and regulation for NFL.
2002-2010 Mayfair/Tawil Associates New York, NY
Senior Artist/Associate Designer
• Develop private labels and brands specializing in newborn, infant and special collections.
• Work on licensing products include all Disney characters, Waner Brothers, Fisher Price, Glammajama, Peter Rabbit, Quitex, and Sue Dreamer.
• Draw out sketch for the up coming line from client meetings and/or trend research. Create bodies, artworks, prints, embroideries, appliqués, screen prints, labels, hang tags and packaging products.
• Work with local print shop, embroidery studio and sample room to produce samples. • Create production package for oversea production. Coordinate between design/ production team, clients and factories thoughout the process to insure the best quality in the final production. • Product development from concept to finish and mange concurrent projects.
• Strong sense of fashion, and keep up with up coming trend
• Expert in Mac OSX, Photoshop, Illustrator and suitcase.
• Comfortable working with a technological environment
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and people skills
• Manage art development and staffs
2002-2021 Freelance Work
Love Baked InNY
• Communicate with potential clients with quotes, educate them on their options and follow up in a timely manner for feedback after their order have been delivered
• Design, bake and decorate special cakes and cookies for clients
• Create engaging social media content and promote the business through Facebook and Instagram.
• Develop and maintain business website with up-to-date information and pictures.
Bear on a Tricycle
• Create original characters for a short film for Sesame Street.
• Create original art and print for boys, girls and neutral layette, playwear and special items. Blueberri Boulevard – Create original art and print for boys pants set and girls dresses.
• Design boy and girl hanging layette, from sketching original concept, CAD to final production packages for over sea.
• Create production package for domestic sampling and over sea production.
Bentex – Create original artwork for hanging layette. Rare Editions – Create original artwork for embroideries, appliqués and textiles. Set up embroiders and appliqués for domestic sampling.
• Taking direction from the head designer and creating artwork from concept to final production. Hawks Outwear – CAD, create and design presentation boards.
2001-2002 Berek Sweater New York, NY
• Using a creative combination of various material and techniques to create unique
and collectable sweaters
• Translating head designer’s design to stitch notes via computer, dramatically cut down concept to final design time.
Create and manage design reference library
Printstars Glen Head, NY 2000
• Desktop publishing • Layout and design of brochures, business collaterals and related materials.
1999 – 2001 Computer Graphic in New York Institute of Technology New York, NY
Computer Graphic: Mac OS system, Adobe Illustration, Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign
Language: Fluent in Chinese Mandarin including reading and writing.
Drawing: Comic, illustration, sketching, and figure drawing Painting: Airbrush, oil and watercolor
REFERENCES Available upon request