- views: 2523
- date: 1-12-12
Client & Vendor Relationship Management, Conceptualizing, Research and Sourcing,
Fashion Design, Sketching, Problem Solving Skills, Computer Proficiency, Highly Creative
Ability to find imaginative solutions and has strong fashion trend awareness.
Entrepreneurial minded; Identifies new and emerging opportunities within the marketplace.
Thorough understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabric.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Consistently meets deadlines; Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
Skilled in Adobe and Microsoft Office applications, Windows and Apple based.
Amsale Abbera Inc.
Designer, New York, NY 2/08 Present
Contribute to the companys three major bridal labels.
-Responsible for all aspects of designing a price point targeted collection under creative direction
-Research new concepts and fabrications; create original embroidery art works, techniques and layouts
-Direct pattern makers and coordinate with Product Development on first sample creation and construction
Christos and Amsale
-Develop lace applications and layouts; create original embroidery art works, techniques and layouts
-Perfect new fabric manipulation techniques
New York, NY 7/2006 Present
- Designs unique creations and custom made bridal and ball gowns for private clients.
Anna Maier/Ulla-Maija Couture
Freelance Stylist, New York, NY 9/2002 Present
- Coordinates accessories in line with the Anna Maier/Ulla-Maija brand image for the Couture bridal shows.
Yigal Azrouel, Inc.
Assistant Designer, New York, NY 5/2005 7/2006
- Actively participated in every step of the collections concept development, sourcing, production, and press.
- Designed marketable trend forward garments for collection; produced all sketches, flats, and press illustrations.
- Created all line sheets and cost sheets; polished the line sheet presentation for market.
- Streamlined fabric and trims information system regarding production management.
- Directed backstage for Spring and Fall 06 fashion shows.
Freelance Assistant Designer, New York, NY 8/2004 5/2005
- Explored current trends for the collection; sourced fabric/trims for Womens collection and Mens accessory line.
- Innovated unique embroidery and heat press transfer layouts; designed flat sketches.
- Successfully directed backstage for Spring and Fall 05 Fashion Shows.
Maggie Norris Couture, Ltd.
Assistant Designer, New York, NY 9/2002 1/2004, 1/2005
- Discovered new concepts for the collection; created inspiration boards and original sketches for clientele.
-Assisted in the inspiration and design process for the Anna Maier/Ulla-Maija bridal collection.
- Handled selection of luxury fabrics and trims, and designed original embroidery layouts.
- Designed and enhanced look books and press promotional packages.
- Managed casting of models, running order, and fashioned looks for the Spring and Fall 03, Spring 04 fashion
shows, and Fall 05 promotional short film.
-Stylist for Eco-Couture Fashion show 08
Freelance Designer, New York, NY 2/2004 3/2004
- Successfully handled the design and development of the entire collection from concept to finished first samples.
Assistant to Press, Internship, New York, NY 7/2001 9/2001
- Handled selection of appropriate garments for editorial photo shoots, public relations and press engagements.
- Designed outfits for famous celebrities, including Cyndi Lauper for the MTV 20th Anniversary Birthday Bash.
- Conceptualized and created store merchandising displays, which promoted sales.
Le Petit Theatre du Vieux Carre Assistant Costume Designer - New Orleans, LA 6/1996 9/1999
- Designed unique costumes and props, created sketches, as well as selected fabric and trims.
Advanced Fashion Sketching Continuing Education course
Parsons The New School for Design, December 2007
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Fashion Design
Savannah College of Art and Design, 2002
- \"Broadway Bares\" Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids, Costume Assistant, 2005, 2007, 2008
- Partnering with family in establishing a Pizza Restaurant in Louisiana
- Mustaches 4 Kids, Funds Generator benefiting National Children\'s Charities, 2005-2006
Awarded \"Sweetest Stache\" 2005 New York City
- SCAD Outstanding Fashion Design Student of the Year, 2002