- images: 8
- views: 14081
- date: 2-3-11
· Accomplished in developing effective / efficient action plans for managing events, including high profile celebrity appearances, corporate conferences, training seminars, meetings and parties
· Experienced in event production / logistics including set up, tear down, sponsor participation and backstage management.
· Excel at in written / verbal communication, including manual / document writing, email communication / public speaking
· Proficient in training / development, including program development, relationship building and coaching / mentoring
· Resourceful at creative problem solving any situation with the objective of finding solutions that meet immediate needs and strengthen long-term goals
DeVry College of New York February 2008 July 2008
Freelance Project Manager Long Island City, New York
· Acted as Project Manager overseeing the internal process involved in the formal name change of the local New York Campus
· Managed internal communication, planned and hosted bi-weekly conference calls for the project team
· Maintained a comprehensive task list and timeline
Worked with home office partners to ensure that materials were complete and provided to the campus in a timely manner
LIVEstyle Entertainment August 2007 October 2007
Freelance Project Manager - Style360, New York Fashion Week 2007 New York, New York
· Acted as project manager for Style 360 event program oversaw planning and implementation of 8 fashion shows and 3 after parties over 4 days.
· Managed the event planning process that involved the coordination of all contractual requirements and logistics related to sponsors, securing city street permits and insurance and hiring necessary staff.
· Responsible for working with marketing and PR partners to document and track all information and activity as well as manage deadlines, schedules, and run of show timeline and development of a comprehensive event production binder.
· Worked with Show producer through out the events to ensure successful outcome.
· Collected and completed reporting, documentation and photographs required to build post event recap presentation for sponsors and partners.
Borders Group Inc. (BGI) - October 1998 to February 2007
District Marketing Manager - New York NY, (August 2004 to February 2007)
· Managed all aspects of marketing and implementation for in-store promotions and events, community partnerships / sponsorships and public / media relations for 13 Borders stores located in the New York City and Long Island area
· Developed district and store marketing / advertising strategies based on demographics, market trends and community interests
· Acted as the regional field trainer for the District Marketing Manager position, with additional responsibilities in program development
· Project Manager for various promotional projects including: planning / execution of an industry party for 300+ high-profile publishing executives to celebrate the opening of a new flagship store at Penn Station and a brand awareness campaign for Seattles Best Coffee Cafes new to the Borders Stores
Marketing Specialist II, BGI - Ann Arbor MI, (August 2000 to July 2004)
· Acted as primary support contact, information resource for the Field Marketing Program staffed with 73 regionally based event-marketing managers
· Oversaw program development and wrote and communicated standards and procedures; contributed to and compiled the program training manual and support materials
· Implemented first-time and on-going training for 150+ event marketing managers that included conferences, on-site training 3-day seminars, conference calls, new employee introductions, and daily email and phone communication
· Project Manager of the Educator Appreciation Promotion, focused on lowering costs, increasing customer awareness and unifying the promotional message and event dates nationwide. Sales increased from $3 million in 2000 to $20 million in 2003
Community Relations Coordinator, BGI, Salt Lake City UT, (October 1998 to July 2000)
· Managed marketing program for one Borders location with a focus on PR, event planning, partnerships and advertising.
ZCMI - January 1991 to October 1998
Visual Merchandising and Display Designer, Salt Lake City UT
· Designed and installed monthly windows and store interior displays to reflect seasonal trends for assignments ranging from 2 - 4 windows and interiors / month to the company wide theme that included windows and interiors in all 36 stores
· Dressed / styled display mannequins for windows and in-store displays
· Worked in tandem with fashion office and advertising departments to define and maintain corporate image via visual presentation throughout the chain in all departments
· Published in industry magazines and journals partial portfolio can be viewed at http://www.styleportfolios.com/portfolio.php?username=orangentropy
Education, Training and misc. Bachelor of Fine Arts - Emphasis in Graphic Design and Printmaking, University of Utah, Salt Lake City UT
Additional training includes: Negotiation / Diversity Training: Education Docent / Keepers Aide for Hogel Zoo in Salt Lake City UT
Computer skills include: Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, PageMaker, and Photoshop (Mac and PC)
Current associations include Taproot Foundation volunteer and participating artist in the Art-o-Mat Program