- images: 8
- views: 15288
- date: 12-1-10
Imaginative, Multi-Disciplined Colorist/Designer with a unique background merging six years of handson experience in the established design industry with a passion for color and doityourself urbanity. Skilled in the product life cycle of moving research-concepts to completed projects. Excellent collaborative skills and proven dynamic design results that speak to consumers. Recent projects include: Color and material design for Skechers Women\'s athletic footwear, color palette selection for Global Nike Sports Accessories, in-store retail brand work for Nike Men\'s training, and accessory design for Grenade gloves. Want to see my portfolio? Just walk into any Nike store!
* Forecasting and understanding of design, market and lifestyle trends
* Creating interesting and original graphics and color on a variety of products
* Excellent color perception
* Proven ability to translate client product design requirements into design illustrations
* Good knowledge of fabrics, and the ability to choose the best match between product and fabric.
* Excellent collaborative skills in working with factories and material suppliers to get desired results
* Designing compelling presentation materials
Skechers, Los Angeles, CA 2010
Footwear Color and Material Designer/Developer
Women and Men\'s Fitness and Shape-Ups
Conceptualized, designed and developed exciting material and color stories for Skechers new line of Shape-Up footwear.
* Collaborated with senior footwear designers on color and materials resulting in a fresh and innovative new line of running and trail shoes.
* Created Buzz at the Spring 2011 Fashion Footwear Association of New York show with an exciting color and graphic story for a new line of sandals.
Portland, Or 20042009
Global Accessory Color Designer / Category Production Artist
Team Sports Equipment and Fitness Accessories
Designed and applied seasonal innovative color palettes and graphic retailready solutions for 8 Global Nike Sports Accessory categories from lifestyle to sport performance.
* Increased retail products adopted by using collaborative color stories to create a head-to-toe look on the retail floor.
* Designed color blocking for Nikes 2009 Swingman Team.
* Strengthened in-store retail brand perception for Men\'s Training by working with footwear and apparel teams to combine and refine the color palette.
Production Design Specialist 20042007
Sports Knowledge Underground (http://www.nikesku.com)
Supported Nikes global elearning sales training program for retailers with production design of seasonal product sheets, as well as layout, editing, publishing, promotional marketing collateral and graphics for trade show use.
* Developed an automated process for creating seasonal product sheets which increased productivity by 65%.
* Received the Nike Sales MVP Award.
* Expanded vendor marketing participation with supplemental pod-casts and hands-on training collateral pieces
Adidas, Portland, OR 2002
* Designed creative presentations for seasonal sales meetings.
Michaels of Oregon, Portland, OR 2003
* Developed package designs, sales ads, POS displays.
Fred Meyer Jewelers, Portland, OR 2003
* Customized posters, mailers, and fliers for ad campaign.
Grenade Gloves, Portland, OR 2009
* Concepted and designed entire 2011 line of Grenade Accessories
B.F.A. in Graphic Design, Portland State University, Portland, OR
PreArchitecture, and Sculpture, University of Hawaii at Manoa,
Honolulu, HI 1995-1997
Company Sponsored Training:
Nike Apparel School
Handmade Northwest, PDX Etsy, AIGA
Proficient in both PC and Macintosh, Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Other strengths include: package design, hand sketching, packaging mockups, layout and design. Understanding of color trends and how they evolve, material and color design for footwear, creative collaboration, pattern adjustments. Skilled in the product life cycle of moving research-concepts to completed projects, including creating specks and communicating with factories. Good eye for detail, great typography and illustration skills. Ability to problem solve, multitask, customer service, and team work
other interests: swimming, surfing, biking, karaoke, sewing,
design blogs, DIY repurposing projects