- images: 36
- views: 1268
- date: 10-7-16
- NY Metro, All Regions
I am a dedicated professional with nine years experience in the New York fashion industry. I’m an excellent creative director/ designer who is able to organize, communicate, execute and present my design vision within my target market at my target price point. I have unique understanding and experience in merchandising, sales, and production, making me an exceptional designer with a complete understanding of the inner workings of a design house. Currently pursuing a new and exciting experience where I can use my expertise to grow as a designer and expand my prospective company’s business.
HEAD DESIGNER, HAUTE HIPPIE, NY — 2010- SEPTEMBER 2015
• Responsible for conception, design, execution, merchandising, costing, and presentation of the collection along with Creative Director (owner) and Design Director. This includes inspiration trips, organization of inspiration, and communicating /managing of inspiration for the design team and pattern room. Also, responsible for designing, sketching, creating layouts, techpacking, proto-fitting, communicating revisions, and receiving final sample lines.
• Responsible for overseeing product development, counter sourcing, fabric sourcing/ development, costing, trim sheets, collection pass-off to sales/ merchandising/ production, production fittings, and PPS approval.
• My specialty is Indian hand embellishments and digital prints. Therefore, I traveled to India twice a year to work with my factories, design, source new factories/ mills, find inspiration, and check production and development.
VISUAL BRAND/ ART DIRECTOR, HAUTE HIPPIE, NY — 2010- SEPTEMBER 2015
• Responsible for all creative and visual direction for Haute Hippie under owner & founder. This included all visual and creative direction for design, visual merchandising, merchandising directives for wholesale, line pass-off, photo-shoots, e-commerce, retail, and social media.
• Oversaw and managed all collateral released internally and externally. Made sure all collateral was on brand and embodied HH’s creative vision and integrity.
• Traveled for HH as a Brand Representative since 2010 doing in store personal appearances, events, styling, photo-shoots, and presentations.
• Designed and oversaw creative execution of almost all popshops and freestanding stores for HH since 2010.
INTERIOR DESIGNER, PHARMACY, NY — 2015- PRESENT
• Developed inspiration, concept, blue prints, and fully rendered cads of interior and exterior of a potential Green Pharmacy. This included designing the interior fixtures, furniture, floor layout, and esthetic for the pharmacy.
FREELANCE DESIGN / PROD./ TECH. ASSISTANT, HAUTE HIPPIE, NY — FEBRUARY 2010
• Assisted production/ tech team with specking garments, techpacks, factory charts, and sourcing fabric/ trims. Assisted design team with sketching and techpacking.
FREELANCE SHOWROOM DISPLAY DESIGNER, GIFT BOX CORP, NY — 2007-2010
• Designed and created window and shelf displays for the NYC showroom including draped-paper gowns for the front window. This was an ongoing biyearly project.
FREELANCE DESIGNER/ TECH. DESIGNER, R. WILLIAMS, NY — 2009-2010
• Designed and techpacked a small woman’s wear collection using the company’s prints.
DESIGN INTERN, DKNY JEANS, NY- 2010
• Responsible for creating tech packs in Style Manager, producing technical drawings/ flats on illustrator, altering showroom samples, creating embellishment layouts/ designs, sourcing trims/ fabrics, and creating inspiration/ mood boards for upcoming collections.
TECH/ PRODUCTION INTERN/ FREELANCER, ZAC POSEN, NY — 2009-2010
• Responsible for creating tech packs, producing technical drawings flats, specking and fitting samples, and created costing sheets.
FASHION DESIGN INTERN, SOUND GIRL CORP., NY — 2007
• Responsible for creating technical flats, updating techpacks, and organizing fabric library.
EDITOR’S INTERN, JANE MAGAZINE, NY — 2006
• Reported directly into the editor and chief Brandon Holly. Wrote a weekly blog about current trends, fashion, food, travel, and lifestyle. Organized and produced a large interior design photo-shoot for the magazine. Researched topics and inspiration for upcoming articles and created mood boards for the editor.
SALES ASSOCIATE/ EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, 2 SWEET BOUTIQUE, NY — 2004-2007
• Responsible for all visual merchandising and window displays of the store.
• Created my own extensive client book and was a top performing personal shopper/ stylist.
• Assistant to the owner and merchant. Assisted her in buys, attended market/ trade shows, managed receiving and inventory.
• Illustration, flat drawings, technical flats/ drawings on illustrator, creative direction, CAD’s on Photoshop, print design on Photoshop/ U4ria, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, U4ria, Ned Graphics, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Style Manager, RLM, Joor, costing, visual merchandising, sales rep, stylist, photo editor, public speaking, presenting, display/ visual design, interior design, personal shopper.
Fashion Institute of Technology, NY- BFA 3.7
Presidential Scholar/ Summa Cum Laude
Trish Wescoat Pound- Haute Hippie, Owner – 917.597.0691
Matthew Demgen- Haute Hippie, Design Director- 248.778.7702
Betsee Isenberg- 10 Eleven Showroom, Owner- 310.573.1903
Deepa Chikarmane- Pret Interpret, Owner- +1 919686544220
Lisa Lawerence- LVMH, Public Relations Coordinator- 917.647.4018
Tiffany Gifford- Stylist- 347.301.3655