Jose Duran Jr.
- images: 18
- views: 26257
- date: 1-6-16
- All Regions
Resourceful problem solver and proactive Product Development Manager and Technical Designer who innovates and executes product driven processes to ensure speed-to-market designs at maximum profitability within margin targets. Passionate team leader who diplomatically drives the full product development lifecycle by closely collaborating with cross-functional teams. Excels at fit and provides tech packs that effectively communicate detailed construction, resulting in great product.
Jose S. Duran Jr.
Product Development Manager
Sierra Designs / American Rec / Exxel Outdoors - Boulder, Colorado
• Skillfully directed fit sessions and communicated pattern corrections/design changes throughout the development cycle.
• Created detailed technical sketches per product briefs and product line manager’s direction. Assured timely and up to date
product sketches and specifications on electronic file sharing service and distributed to factories.
• Supported the development of products within the FOB and margin targets as outlined by product briefs.
• Responsible for leading 2 product developers and for coordinating 40 new and 10 carry over styles per season.
• Developed highly technical outerwear, including down garments, by instructing vendors on how to build them.
• Pinpointed where development processes could be improved to reduce risk and speed up development time.
• Maintained standard fit blocks based on size charts and ensured consistency among all styles.
• Maintained fabric specification records for each category while assuring compliance to testing protocol.
• Developed and adhered to seasonal calendars to ensure all samples met on time delivery. Ensured prototype turns and all
development tasks were on schedule and within the deadlines outlined by the seasonal calendar.
• Managed communication between 5 factories, 10 vendors and the product development team for all technical fabric
requirements, trims, and color standard approvals. Tracked sales samples and bulk production deliveries.
• Traveled overseas 3 times annually to meet with vendors, source materials, and develop product on the factory floor.
• Managed photo/sales samples, and assisted in trade show presentations and workbook development.
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York City/Polimoda, Florence, Italy
BFA in Fashion Design - Presidential Honors Scholar with senior year in Italy
AAS in Patternmaking Technology - Graduated suma cum laude (99th percentile).
Fashion design, CAD design, technical design, patternmaking, illustration
Adobe CS3, Microsoft Office, Quark, Cliqdesign, Painter