- views: 4518
- date: 3-2-10
Senior Menswear Designer, R&D dept., Taipei, Taiwan, July 07-present.
. Conceptualize and design innovative design development samples for US clients include Old Navy, Gap, INC mens, Express mens.
. research and develop new fabrication, washes and trims by consulting mills directly in seasonal color and trend direction.
. seasonal visit to HK, ShangHai and Europe trade shows as well as fabric supplier for fabric sourcing.
Freelance Designer, Jimmy Z USA, New York, July 06 July 07
· Design woven yarn dye, knit pattern, and prints for woven top, knitwear, sweater, bottom and outerwear.
· Design and make recommendation in trends, style and fit to directors and designers
· Direct CAD designers in textile patterns and colors.
· Consult designers on fabric development and trim details.
Perry Ellis International
Senior Designer, Perry Ellis America, New York Feb 04 Dec 05.
· Designed entire product line includes woven yarn dye, knits, prints, sweaters, t-shirt, outerwear and denim.
· Researched and made recommendation in trends, textiles and fit to design director from concept to final sampling of seasonal collection.
· Worked with CAD and graphic designer for graphics Ts and presentation.
· Worked with oversea product developer in new fabric development including denim washes and styling, yarn dyed weaving idea, knitting technique and dyeing, graphic printing and prints development.
Designer, John Henry, New York, Oct 01 Mar 04.
· Managing brand name label John Henry in design, merchandising and production (volume 25mil/year)
· Creating Textile CAD for entire product line includes woven shirts, knit tops and printed products.
· Managed overseas suppliers and vendors in design development and production approval
Knitwear Designer, Perry Ellis America, New York, Feb 01-Oct 01
· Developed initial concept and ideas with design director and consultant.
· Implemented design in knitwear, cut/sewn, T-shirt graphics, and sweaters.
· Communicated with overseas factory in design development and production approval.
· Worked with graphic designers on PEA graphic, logo and trim development.
Cote De France
Chief Designer, Rampage Menswear, New York, Jun 98-Feb 01
· Designed and developed woven prints, yarn dye, and knits.
· Initiated and designed licensing label: Rampage Menswear including initial concept designing and merchandising the collection.
· Consulted mens sportswear label: Bruno, Perrini and Utopia; private label clients include JCPenny, Sears and Mervyns California, K-mart, Wal-Mart.
· Supervised overseas factory in technical design, production and fabric development.
· Frequent travel to Europe and Far East for research of market trend and design development
Assistant Designer, Klurk, New York, Feb 97-May 98
· Worked with head designer to develop show inspiration and ideas.
· Assisted design jobs in Fall 97 7th on 6th mens show, Spring 97 and Fall collection.
· Assisted in design secondary collection K.O by Klurk.
· Assisted the design development and production of private label knitwear; clients include X-LARGE, Stussy, Union, Supreme and 555Soul.
· Oversaw the two showrooms (DL156 and Showroom Seven International) publicity and sales including meeting important clients from Japan and Europe.
· Managed the domestic and overseas woven and knit production including technical design, pattern making and fabric sourcing.
Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY.
Associate in Applied Science, Menswear Design, May 97.
· Graduated Cum Laude, Presidential Scholar: Fall 96
· Additional study in Womenswear fashion design: draping, flats and spec, fashion art, and computer design program
University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences, Fashion Merchandising, Dec 94.
· Major GPA: 3.67/4.0 Deans List Fall 92 and Fall 93.
· Additional study at the UGA School of Art foundation program: figure drawing, color theory and three-dimensional design.
Computer: Mac and PC; Photoshop, Illustrator, PDM, U4iA. Microsoft office, dreamweaver, flashes.
Languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay, Japanese
Leisure: dance(ballet/modern), Asian cooking, watercolor painting, photography, reading.
References available upon request