- images: 18
- views: 4176
- date: 6-23-15
4143 N. Greenview Ave. 2N Chicago, IL 60613
FASHION INDUSTRY, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND EVENTS CONSULTATION | JESS CRANE | SEPTEMBER 2009 CURRENT
Consultation and management of events and product development. Apparel design services include product lifecycle management, pattern making, sourcing, sample making, alterations, technical design and computer aided design.
Event Coordination and Management
· Chicago Textile Expo: Buyer and guest services. Assisted with set up of industry networking event and organization throughout the expo.
· 9th Rising Star Awards for Fashion Group International Chicago: Assistance with customer service and operations of the silent auction.
· Hairbrained! at Wizard World 2014 Convention: Customer service, sales, merchandising and visual displays of booth for event.
· 44FLOOD at C2E2 2014, Wizard World 2013 and C2E2 2013 Conventions: Creation of themed outfits and staff apparel for the booth. Coordination of supplies, materials and inventory. Assistance in set-up and break-down of 3 day long exhibit, sales and customer service.
· 44FLOOD Holiday Party 2013: Event planning including promotional material design. Social media marketing and coordination of décor and vendors.
· Product Development Coordinator | The Pampered Chef | October 2012 April 2013
· Product development management of gifts and promotional items to boost performance of consultants. Strategic research of new products, trends, consumers and competitors. Development of project management tools and forms.
· Freelance Textile Designer | Chicos FAS | December 2010 February 2011
· Computer aided textile print design for White House Black Market apparel and products.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS | THE APPAREL AGENCY | APRIL 2013 MAY 2014
The Apparel Agency provides comprehensive services for design, development and production of apparel and related products. The agency also offers hands on product development services and management of contractors, as well as guidance in brand standards, marketing and sales initiatives. www.theapparelagency.com
· Financial and strategic planning
· Business development and sales
· Account management and project coordination
· Extensive event planning including all tradeshows
· Graphic design and social media marketing
· Human Resources
PRODUCT MANAGER | CRESCENDO APPAREL | MARCH 2011 APRIL 2012
Crescendo Apparel was a womens sportswear venture with a focus on enduringly classic apparel to fit a specific body type with smaller waist and fuller hip measurements. The sole proprietorship startup company closed in April 2012 due to lack of funding. www.facebook.com/crescendoapparel/info
· Management of vendors and outside contractors, as well as employees and internship programs.
· Operations build out of product development and production departments.
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER | SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION | JUNE 2008 SEPTEMBER 2009
Sears Holdings Corporation is a leading integrated retailer which operates through its subsidiaries, including, Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporations. SHC offers digital and physical shopping platforms online and at more than 2,000 retail stores in the United States and Canada. www.searsholdings.com
· Development of soft home products for Sears and Kmart brands. Concept and inspiration including trend and color research for multi season programs, Sales, competitor and customer research and analysis. Team leadership on beach towel program, holiday collection and design on a dime program.
TECHNICAL DESIGNER & FABRIC BUYER | HENRY-LEE & COMPANY | SEPTEMBER 2007 JUNE 2008
Henry-Lee & Company was a family owned multi-season womens sportswear line produced overseas with headquarters in Chicago, IL. The company has now transformed into Henry & Belle. www.henryandbelle.com
· Technical direction and analysis of product development with overseas manufacturers including the creation of tech packs, garment fittings and quality control. Development of fabric programs working with overseas and domestic vendors as well as computer aided design, costing, purchasing and strike-off approvals.
Skills & Abilities
TEAM LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
· Development and management of vendors, contractors and staff.
· Leadership of creative development for billion dollar programs.
· Management and coordination of musical acts, venues, advertisement and merchandising.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
· Development and implementation of new employee handbooks, guidelines and training manuals.
· Tutor and trainer of computer programs and art for higher education students and coworkers.
· Education of sewing, music, crafts and arts to peers.
TECHNICAL & BUSINESS
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Microsoft Office
· PC & Mac
· Intrapersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Detail orientated
· Customer service
· Interpersonal skills
· Human Resources
· Team building and leadership
· Event management
· Project management
· Account management
· Vendor management
· Product Development
· Competitive research and analysis
· Consumer research and analysis
· Sales analysis
MS | THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
· Major: Recreation, Sports and Tourism
· Graduated with highest honors
· Related coursework: Theories and Concepts of Leisure, Critical Issues in Recreation Management, Marketing, Event and Facility Management, Human Resources, Finance and Budgeting, Advanced Leisure Research Methods, Strategic Management and Special Problems
BA | THE ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF ART- CHICAGO
· Major: Fashion Design
Graduated with high honors