- images: 38
- views: 7046
- date: 7-22-20
- NY Metro
Wiesner Products New York Oct 2013 – Jun 2020
Senior Footwear Merchandiser / Designer
Design/ Development: Ladies, Men's, Kids of Athletic/ Casual Sneaker, Flat, Boots, Slipper and Sandals, Flip-flops
Brands: Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, Airwalk, Kooba, True Reglious, LOLA, Halston, Nanette Lepore, and some private label for retailers
Key accounts: Walmart, Ross, TJMAXX, Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Costco, 5 Below, Dollar General, Big Lots, Aerosole, Family Dollar, DSG, Shopko and many other mass/specialty retailers
• Work with Production director on line direction, concept, and detailing specifications. Create and develop full lines of Ladies, Men's and Kid's footwear, targeting key accounts and price points
• Monitor & present seasonal Men & Women key trend forecasting: color, silhouette, fabric & graphic direction. Developed full lines targeting key accounts and price points
• Daily communication to overseas offices to guarantee all development and execution details to resolve production issues. Fit testing and final sample approvals
• Responsible for the design and merchandising of concepts and related development of styles for multiple brands from start to finish. Including material selection, artwork pattern, upper design, last, outsole, hardware design and trim selection etc. In order to have correct production of design, colors, construction of footwear are ensured.
• Collaborate and communicate with sales and marketing to shape the line plan and ensure our assortment is meeting business needs for specific theme, season and special needs. Work with sales team to develop seasonal product for price conscious retailers and execute product with price sensitivity in mind.
• Build detailed spec package from visuals to call outs details and artwork pages; monitor completeness and accuracy of tech package information concerning color, pattern, size, fabrication, trim, outsole quality, and construction.
• Travels domestic and International to lead trend and research shopping, trade show and overall direction of the season.
Shalom International New York Feb 2009 – Oct 2013
Senior Accessories Merchandiser / Designer
Design/ Development: Fashion Jewelry full line, Ladies scarf, Hair accessories and other kids accessories for private labels.
Brands: Limited too, Disney Parks,Nuby, So adorable and some other private label for retailers
Key accounts: Forever 21,Free people, Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Nordstrom, Charlotte Russe, Rue21, Dress Burn, Afaze, Dots, Rainbow, Charming Charlie, Hot Topic, and many other mass/specialty retailers.
Payless New York Dec 2008 – Feb 2009
Freelance footwear Designer
Design/ Development: Ladies Casual Sneaker, Flat, and Sandals.
Li and Fung Trading LTD New York June 2007 – Sept 2008
Account Manager / Merchandiser
Design/ Development: Handbags, Footwear, Pet accessories, Cosmetic accessories
Key accounts: Avon USA Non-Beauty division, Avon USA Cosmetic Line Division, Avon USA Woman wellness Division. Avon Dominican Republic
• Researched new trends, styles, colors and fabric, leather, hardware, beading for each season
• Designed and developed new line - refined existing styles
• Hand sketching, CAD renderings (Photoshop/illustrator),created production packages
• Approved dips and strike offs
• Overseeing prototypes/sample production and presenting collection to clients.
• Prepared production packages
• Worked with Vendors and Clients to meet production deadlines
• Shopped trade shows and stores (local and international)
• Travel to oversea to overlook and finalize samples
• Negotiated cost quotations on behalf of client and vendor leveraging understanding of development phase costing implications.
Fortune Footwear, INC New York May 2006 – Jun 2007
Product Development Manager/ Footwear and Handbag Designer
Design/ Development: Handbags, Ladies Footwear
Key accounts: Avon Canada, Avon Dominican Republic, Avon UK, Avon Portugal, Victoria Secret, Newport News, Faith Intl, Wallis.
Best Styles, Inc New York Dec 2003 – Mar 2006
Product Manger / Jewelry Designer
Design/ Development: Fashion Jewelry line
Key accounts : QVC, Arden B, JC Penny, Kristine Accessories, You & I, etc.
Professional Skills: Fashion accessory design and hand sketch skills
Software Applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Additional Skills: Fluent in Spoken, Written and Typed Chinese (Mandarin)
FIT, NY, USA Fashion Accessory Design 2007
UJ, JHB, SA Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 2002