Delaina KD Karageorgis
- images: 32
- views: 6182
- date: 5-28-20
- Southern CA
* Cut printing costs by 50%.
* Consistently increased sales after holding Visual Training in stores and at National Sales Conferences.
* Received Impact Award from Merchants at National Sales Conference.
* Developed effective Visual Merchandising Standards / Training Programs.
New Store Openings/Remodels, Floor Sets, Store Operations, Store Communications, Visual Standards Manuals, Budget Management, Procurement, Fixture Design, Retail, Training, Leadership, Sales, Driving Results, Calendaring, Trade shows, MS Suite, MAC/PC, Adobe Illustrator/PhotoShop/InDesign, Quark
FREELANCE & CONSULTING
October 2018 - Present
TRIMARK RW SMITH | BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
March 2019 - Present
MRG | DIRECTOR, VISUAL MERCHANDISING & CREATIVE SERVICES
March 2014 - September 2018
Responsible for all visual merchandising direction for 160 stores and 30 different brands, including 5 licensed brands.
- During the first 9 months of employment, opened 22 stores, with 15 different store concepts in casinos and airports across 8 states in the US. Supported MRGs expansion of multiple brands into airports and casinos across the US and Canada by planning/setting/opening 18 stores in 2015, 25 stores in 2016 and 14 stores in 2017.
- Partner with Senior VP of Fashion, Senior VP of Logo and their respective buying teams on product placement, merchandising standards, and fixture, hardware, capacity and signage needs for current and new stores.
- Successfully led organizational rebranding campaign, including website redesign, MRG weekly line, brand standards, sale-sign package, job fair documents and display; creating brand consistency across all internal and external channels.
- Coach, train, manage and lead the marketing and visual merchandising field and corporate teams; 3 direct reports and 8 indirect reports.
JUICY COUTURE | DIRECTOR, VISUAL MERCHANDISING OPERATIONS
October 2010 - January 2014
Oversaw Visual Merchandising Operations assuring that floor-sets and directives were delivered on time, within budget and flawless execution. Within 6 months of starting, promoted from Senior Manager to Director.
- Managed specialty and outlet visual budgets in excess of $1M. Cut printing costs for floor set directives by 50% in 2012.
- Produced and/or oversaw edits of all visual documents (monthly floor sets, addendums, seasonal overviews, calendars, visual training decks and checklists, product launches / tests) sent to 74 stores, as well as corporate, domestic and international partners, creating a singular, compelling “voice” in visual merchandising communications.
- Co-authored and project managed the creation, rollout and updates of the first official Juicy Couture Visual Standards Manual (VSM) for specialty and international stores; the reference tool used to aid in the execution of all visual merchandising displays, training and marketing presentations.
- Directly managed Visual Specialist and temp hires.
BEBE, INC. (BEBE SPORT, PH8, 2B) | VISUAL MERCHANDISING MANAGER
July 2008 - October 2010
Accountable for window concepts, weekly floor sets and all visual communication sent to corporate, DMs and staff at 62 stores. Reported directly to Manny Mashouf, CEO of bebe for 7 months and collaborated on merchandising techniques.
- Successfully project managed the store conversions from BEBE SPORT to PH8; including new mannequin rollout, new visual directives, new merchandising methods and elements, creating brand uniformity across all the stores.
- Collaborated with the merchants, store operations and store communication departments on product launches, visual addendums, floor sets, and calendars to ensure clear and timely communication to the field.
- Effectively managed production of all marketing collateral; in-store signage, window banners, retention and distribution lists.
- Directly managed Visual Merchandising Coordinator.
LEONA EDMISTON, USA | DIRECTOR, VISUAL MERCHANDISING & STORE OPERATIONS
November 2005 - July 2008
Managed and directed all operations for 2 stores; including staffing, payroll, sales and marketing, visual merchandising, studio services and event planning.
- Managed editorial pulls and studio services while effectively fostering current and new relationships with editors, stylist and celebrities.
- Coordinated special events; flagship opening, parties, staff meetings and store-wide sale events.
- Hired, motivated, and supervised 8 to 12 sales associates; trained staff on customer service, selling techniques, visual merchandising, and store operation procedures.
FREDERICK'S OF HOLLYWOOD (FOH) | VISUAL MERCHANDISING MANAGER
July 2002 - November 2005
Accountable for all facets of visual merchandising for 140 stores; including fixture and mannequin design, budgets, signage needs, floor sets, visual merchandising training programs, and corporate and in-store events.
- Developed and implemented a “Visual Merchandising Training Program” for store visits which was used by corporate and field leaders to train and hold associates accountable for visual standards.
- Key team member in redesigning the flagship store in 2005, establishing the new look carried out in stores to follow.
- Partnered with merchant team to create SKU capacity guidelines for each fixture and store concept, enabling them to order and buy product more accurately.
- Received “Impact Award” from merchant team at National Sales Conference.
AFFINITY GROUP, INC. (WOODALL'S) | BULK PROMOTIONS MARKETING MANAGER
August 2000 - July 2002
- Managed relationships with 40+ distributors, vendors and fulfillment houses.
- Produced effective collateral pieces, including brochures, mailers and lead forms.
- Setup, attended, and organized all trade show arrangements.
- Collaborated with distributors and dealers regarding merchandising techniques.
REALAGE.COM | ADVERTISING MARKETING COORDINATOR
January 2000 - May 2000
- Setup trade show booths and special events.
- Collaborated with web designers to increase hits and click-throughs to website.
- Managed online advertising programs and traffic analysis reports.
CYBEROFFICE TECHNOLOGIES, LLC | SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER
June 1998 - June 1999
- Managed $1 million marketing budget for a 40'x107' booth at Comdex.
- Updated, maintained, and tracked PR kits and incoming article clippings.
- Organized catering services, travel arrangements, and equipment setup.
- Developed exhibit strategies, booth themes, and space layouts for over two-dozen trade shows with Microsoft and Ziff-Davis.
2006 The Sports Club/LA - Splash - Store Environment Consultant
2003 GUCCI - Visual Merchandiser
2002 Divine Design - Special Event Visual Merchandiser
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM), March 2003 (w/ Honors)
* Associate of Arts, Professional Designation Degree in Visual Communications
San Diego State University (SDSU), December 1999
* Six-month certification, Meetings and Event Planning
California State University San Marcos (CSUSM), May 1998
* Bachelor of Science, Business Administration / Service Sector Management