- images: 30
- views: 1662
- date: 7-26-17
- NY Metro
I am a fashion design student graduate open to various opportunities in my chosen field. In order to contribute to the company and advanced my skills, I am seeking an Assistant Designer position. It has been noted by my professors and other persons in education that I have strong leadership qualities. My professional values include a positive work ethic, self-motivation, being highly organized, maintaining flexibility in working in a team related situation. Meeting deadlines even if having to work under pressure is an expectation. Going the extra mile with an eye for detail is a norm as far as I am concerned. One of my aspirations is to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology as a non-matriculated student so that I can achieve the highest skills in technical design and patternmaking.
September 2014-May 2017
WESTCHESTER COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Valhalla, NY
A.A.S. Fashion Design and Technology; GPA: 3.8; President’s List
Workplace Culture Coaching Mentee at Eileen Fisher; Member of Decca Fashion Club; Chosen designer for Women Daring Change Through Fashion Exhibition; Hillels of Westchester Activities
August 2009 – 2010
WOOD TOBE COBURN-SCHOOL, New York, NY
A.O.S. Fashion Design
GPA: 3.7; Graduated with honors
Participated in advisory School Board meeting to help create a more effective curriculum; Judge for Annual Fashion Design Competitions
Mood Boards / Flat Sketches / Line Sheets / Specing / Tech Packs / Customer Service;
Microsoft: Word / Power Point / Excel / Outlook (Mac and PC);
Adobe: Illustrator / Photoshop (Mac and PC);
Social Media: LinkedIn / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / Wordpress / Wix
VANILLA STAR JEANS, New York, NY
Freelance Assistant Technical Designer, Juniors Jeans wear and Sports wear
• Measuring and communicating specifications of top of production samples for Rue 21.
• Attended live model garment fittings.
June 2016–July 2016
ALICE AND TRIXIE, New York, NY
Intern, Women’s Contemporary
• Ticketed and maintenance for display of show room presentation including shipment to regional showrooms and distributions.
• Assisted the sales team when needed with inventory, line sheet creation, trade show preparation, and assist on photo shoots when necessary.
• Assisted the in-house sample room and reorganized the fabric/trim library.
• Handwork on trims to finish the garments for the showroom.
• Assisted photo shoots for look book and website.
November 2013–April 2014
KOMAR BRANDS/CAROLE HOCHMAN DESIGN GROUP, New York, NY
Freelance Assistant Designer, Women’s Traditional Sleep wear and Lounge wear
• Created and maintained line boards for each product/customer for costing and sales for overseas factories.
• Researched trend color, print, and silhouette research for private label.
• Prepared ENCAD, fabrics, and dyeing trims for market samples in the in-house sample room.
• Ticketed, packaged, and recorded samples for customers and meetings.
• Reorganized storage rooms, fabric/trim library, and in-house sample room.
• Assisted photo shoots for Walmart and private label.
April 2011-April 2013
PRINTSOURCE, PREMIERE VISION, New York, NY
Trade Show Assistant, Textiles
• Assisted customers with their selecting of hand painted apparel and home textile designs at Antoinette Et Freddy (France) booth and placed orders.
• Delivered and placed textile orders with customers.
March 2011–March 2013
HB ATHLETICS INC./GLOBE-TEX APPAREL, New Rochelle, NY
Assistant Designer and Product Developer, Women’s, Men’s, and Children’s Performance wear and Sports wear
• Ticketed, recorded, and maintenance of samples for customers, meetings, and display of showroom.
• Reorganized the fabric/trim library and created fabric information on cards for customers.
• Prepared presentations for sales by creating and maintaining various master charts for each product/customer for costing and sales.
• Systemized showroom for a better and more accessible presentation of collections.
• Reorganized and kept track of selling inventory for Earth, Wind, and Rider cycling wool knitted jerseys.
• Created full tech packs, communicating, and measuring specifications for development.
• Kept track of costing and proto sampling in product development.
• Confirmed details with customers and sent out VPOS to factories for production.
• Daily communication with overseas factories to ensure timely sample creation in order to procure materials for production and made sure all shipments were properly routed.
August 2010–October 2010
SMART APPAREL U.S., INC. (THE SUNRISE GROUP), New York, NY
Intern, Men’s Day wear
• Attended Perry Ellis and Macy’s meetings regarding seasonal fabric selection.
• Helped shape Smart Apparel’s showroom display of suits and dress shirts.
• Created various master charts and contacted mills to get fabric details.