- images: 16
- views: 17200
- date: 1-27-11
2200 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Apt N0209, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Apparel & accessories designer with a broad range of skills
including textile and trim design, screen printing, styling,
technical design, and patternmaking as well seamstress
experience. Entrepreneurial spirit with an attention to detail,
excellent communication skills and quality of product from design
to production. An intense passion for all aspects of the design
process and development of a line.
PC & Apple
PAD CAD Patternmaking software
Lectra Gallery Web
Microsoft Office Suite
Sales Assistant/Teacher, November 2010 to Present
Beadworks, Philadelphia, PA
- Advised customers on jewelry design and construction
- Hand crafted custom jewelry designs and completed repairs on
- Created and taught an advanced jewelry making class on fashion
Jewelry Production, December 2010
Michelle Pressler Jewelry, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand crafted production quality intricate wire wrapped fine
jewelry using precious metals and semi precious gemstones.
Designer/Owner, November 2009 to Present
Cat Horn, Philadelphia, PA
- Designs and handcrafts fashion jewelry and accessories for Etsy
shop and wholesale.
- Styles and photographs all items for Etsy shop listings and
- Designs all print media for advertising campaigns.
- Manages all marketing campaigns utilizing both online and
offline media and networking
- Manages day to day running of business including finances.
Senior Assistant Designer, October 2005 to August 2010
Golden Touch Imports, New York, NY
- Sketched detailed technical flats for factories using
- Created individual CADs and presentation boards for sales teams
using both Illustrator and by hand.
- Designed key print artwork for fabrics, placement prints,
labels, and trims, including embroidery and embellishment layouts
as well as lace trim patterns, using illustrator and Photoshop.
- Selected and sourced trims and novelty accent fabrics.
- Managed key fabric libraries for each season.
- Generated detailed tech and production packages for factory
- Communicated daily with overseas factories managing creation,
delivery, and approval of development samples.
- Attended fittings for juniors and plus size and made
alterations and comments on tech packages before production
- Created from scratch illustrator brush, symbol, and swatch
pallets for assistant technical designers.
- Trained and managed assistant technical designers.
Seamstress, August 2005 October 2005
Marianne Krostynes Costume Studio, Pittsburgh, PA
- Constructed full period costumes for the History channel Movie,
Desperate Crossings & Washington DC Opera House
Assistant to the Designer, August 2003 to June 2004
Paula Hian Designs, Manyunk, PA
- Assisted Head Patternmaker create sample and graded patterns
for new styles.
- Prepared and cut fabric for new samples.
- Ordered, received, and coordinated payments for fabrics,
trimmings, and embroideries from overseas vendors.
- Processed and tracked alterations and special orders for
- Managed and organized fabric library.
- Calculated materials cost for new styles
- Supervised new interns.
Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design, September 2001 - June 2005
Drexel University, College of Media Arts and Design,
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Member or the Drexel University Honors College
Affiliations and Honors:
Gown displayed at the International Textile & Apparel Association
Design Exhibition in November 2005
National Forensics League Member with a Degree of Distinction
Golden Key International Honor Society Member
Writing a blog about fashion, crafting, and recipes