VANS GRAPHIC DESIGNER – Apparelviews: 0
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest retail company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Designer Apparel Graphics: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As Van’s Designer of Apparel Graphics, your crucial role is to incorporate our culture in our product’s designs. The way you express your creativity will allow our audience to relate to the individuality and authenticity Vans exhibits. Vans welcomes you to draw inspiration from many outlets and transform your ideas into reality, allowing your artwork to be featured on many of our products. If you do your research effectively, you will be able to discover exactly what our target audience relates to and be able to produce designs that are influenced by current trends. You must be able to cooperate well with your team in order to inspire one another and together launch a product you all can be proud of. Your visionary designs will leave a lasting impact in our company’s legacy.
How You Will Move the Needle:
Responsible for all aspects of graphic design process including market research, inspiration, designing, sketching, and tech pack creation. You will make inspirational and innovative presentation of designs at line reviews and product launch to your peers. Showcase your state of the graphic art design skills to design authentic, original and innovative designs and that will exceed our consumers expectations. Create computer designs, sketches, graphics, print artwork for Apparel and accessories in multiple colorways. You will impact the consumer experience through new and original graphic design product that meets their expectations and push the boundaries of past lines. Responsible for designing into given price and margin targets according to seasonal briefs. Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with cross-functional partners in merchandise and development to ensure successful product creation. Review details on prototypes with developer and merchandiser. Share responsibility with development and merchandiser for final product result.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- 5+ years of Graphic Design Experience in the apparel business.
- Multimedia experience is a plus.
- Print and Pattern rendering experience is a plus.
- Ability to create unique and original graphics for different applications as they apply to the needs of Vans.
- Knowledge of imprinted apparel business including, but not limited to various screenprint techniques, finishing, embellishments, sonic welds, appliqués, and embroideries.
- Knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Proficient in computer design programs (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop) and programs such as Excel and Word Plus.
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively.
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Utilizes productive work methods
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally for R&D, inspiration, trade shows and Vans related events.
- Lifting and/or moving
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
VANS GRAPHIC DESIGNER – Apparel
Organization: Vans, a Division of VF Outdoor, LLC
Location: Costa Mesa, California