SENIOR DESIGNER – High-End Womenswearviews: 0
Advanced women’s contemporary line launched in 2008, has since successfully established itself as a lifestyle brand sold in over 250 exclusive boutiques worldwide and major retailers such as Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, and Intermix.
As such, we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Designer to join the team in Miami. The candidate should have a vast understanding of advanced women’s contemporary market, experience at senior designer level, strong design and development skills. Candidates must be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment and be able to meet deadlines on a daily basis.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating original concepts consistent with the brand strategy
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior designers
- Develop sketches based on the Design Directors initial sketches and concepts
- Maintain the progression of design in the Design Directors absence.
- Research market regularly for creative ideas, product awareness and pricing in order to produce a creative and competitive product that will help grow business
- Creating design sketches and seasonal presentations
- Developing colors, fabrications, silhouettes and trims
- Develop design boards
- Develop design ideas into groups and create a story with one idea to illustrate boards based on deliveries
- Proficient in garment construction, luxury fabrics, silhouette, finishing, embellishments and trim.
- Partnering with production to ensure execution of design is within quality standards and design aesthetic
- Leading and training the design team
- Supervise fittings from first prototypes to samples ensuring design aesthetic and overall garment quality
- Partner with technical design in the creation of tech packs as well as during fit sessions
- Work with sourcing team to execute high quality product within calendar timelines
- Able to work on present season and anticipate ideas and concepts for the following seasons at the same time.
- Review all show samples upon receipt and follow up with appropriate staff
- Stock line review with Technical Designers, manufacturing and Merchandising to understand product performance. GOAL:
- Review and learn from successes or problems, initiate any information that will assist in better performance at retail
- for present and future product.
- Ensure calendar deadline achievement in collaboration
- Must be willing to relocate to Miami
- 5-10 years of relative design experience
- Must be technically skilled and capable to make all comments during fit sessions
- Strong sketching skills
- Computer excellence in Illustrator and Excel
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Aesthetically keen eye
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent color matching skills
- A willingness and desire to re-examine what you know in order to continually challenge your creativity/ability to delve deep and think big, not just thinking of the small picture but rather big picture branding.
As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits. Relocation costs included to move to Miami. Competitive salary ranges in addition to collection bonuses.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: SENIOR DESIGNER – High-End Womenswear
Organization: Alexis LLC
Location: Relocation to Miami