SR DESIGNER – Intimatesviews: 0
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Sr Designer, you’ll be accountable for and lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will design lines for a category, brand, business or guest segment utilizing your proficiency/expertise in product design and development. You will be accountable for and lead the PD&D Design and Development Processes, which includes:
• Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners
• Drive and lead product research and design
• Being an industry expert; able to forecast category, brand, business or guest segment trends
• Globally shop markets to identify category, brand, business or guest segment trends and travel to factories for development and execution of programs
• Mentor Associate Designers and Designers and enables collaboration among the larger team
• You will be expected to drive and lead;
• Concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics.
• Brand cohesion; partner with peers across the division to ensure continuity.
• Product designs to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
• Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Responsibilities in this Position
- Own and drive all product design and development for Auden bras, bralettes and nursing bras; from concept through product finalization.
- Mentor and collaborate with designers in the category, sharing your expertise.
- Work closely with technical designer, driving expression of fit.
- Collaborate with vendor partners, technical designers, and factories to create brand- and trend-right, comfortable, quality product that meets all costing goals.
- Partner with engineers and sourcing managers to design into costing goals, considering construction and raw materials.
- Collaborate with design and raw materials team to source/create laces and develop fabrics seasonally.
- Work closely with design team, textile design artist, and trend director to create color palettes seasonally.
- Collaborate with textile design artist to curate prints for the season.
- Work with visual team, buyer, and design director to create seasonal merchandising stories.
- Collaborate with buyer to assort collection seasonally.
- Create and maintain presentation tools, CADs, and input product information into product tracking systems.
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree and minimum 10-15 years bra design experience.
- Passion for a trend-forward or contemporary modern aesthetic.
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Commercial sense, market expertise, ability to research and apply trend information.
- Proven ability to translate trends for intimates design.
- Expertise in CAD illustration.
- Knowledge of intimates fabrics and molding techniques, bra components, construction/fit, and raw materials & product production.
- Understanding of guest/consumer mindset.
- A strong design point of view and ability to design modern, comfortable, collection-based intimates.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative and cost-effective design solutions.
- Highly organized, technical in your sketching, and have a keen attention to fabric, construction, and trims.
- Experience working with import vendors.
- Availability for travel 2-4x year.
- Experience designing womens bras, bralettes for a major intimates brand.
- Experience designing nursing bras.
- Experience sourcing laces, trims and components.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team for a large brand or vertical retailer.
- Experience fitting bras and bralettes.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: SR DESIGNER – Intimates
Organization: Target Corporation
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota