SENIOR ACCESSORIES DESIGNERviews: 0
The Senior Accessories Designer will lead the Accessories Design Team and drive design process which includes conceptual direction, trends, fabrications, styling and execute to brand appropriate aesthetics for final product. This individual must have excellent leadership and collaboration skills, be able to mentor and develop the accessories design team and collaborate with graphics team on day to day development of lines. The ideal candidate will have experience working under tight calendars while successfully managing team in meeting deadlines. They will participate in competitive shopping and market research. The Senior Accessories Designer will also work closely with cross-functional partners in Tech Design, Merchandising and Production on execution and costs and ensure the integrity of the product is maintained through the entire design/production process.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum 9+ years design experience in the retail/children’s apparel industry, with a focus on accessories is a must have
- Strong understanding of fabrics, construction, finishing and application
- Display strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems as well as manage a team of designers at various levels
- MAC skills required, specifically Word, Excel and email applications
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work cross-functionally as well as independently
- Potential overseas travel
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children’s brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothes and accessories. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating hundreds of retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
SR. DESIGNER – Accessories
Organization: Gymboree Corporation
Location: San Francisco, California