SENIOR DESIGNER – Women’s Knitsviews: 0
Tommy Bahama is a lifestyle company that defines relaxed, sophisticated style. From its casual-yet-upscale collections of men’s and women’s apparel, swimwear, footwear, accessories and home furnishings to island-inspired cuisine and cocktails with a signature twist at our restaurants, your island escape is well within reach. Tommy Bahama is looking for qualified team members to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
The Senior Designer is responsible for managing the design team and process from conception through final styling of assigned product category. Sets overall direction for classification ensuring that product interprets concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Create commercially viable designs that both represents and delights the Tommy Bahama guest.
- Act as the fashion authority in all aspect of the design and development of the category
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and cross-divisional partners to ensure alignment on product line.
- Responsible for presenting and selling concepts to executive management and cross-divisional partners at milestone meetings. Communicates both design and strategic POVs delivering the right level of detail appropriate to the audience
- Regularly partners with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business growth.
- Collaborate with Product management, sourcing and merchandising to determine strategic direction of business and opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Fully responsible for all fabric and trim research and development for.
- Provide recommendations/sets tone regarding expression of fit of product(s) Leads design POV at all fit reviews of development samples
- Collaborates with technical design to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Manage calendar across design team to ensure all milestones and due dates are met
- Responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement
- Prioritize workload and complex work streams for direct reports.
- Lead, manage and develop an efficient and inspired design team through performance feedback, goal-setting and development plans
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- 8+ years of experience in women’s cut and sew and active knits.
- A well-developed sense of creativity for color, pattern, yarn, silhouettes, and trends.
- Strong understanding of industry and trends.
- Strong background in multiple fabric arenas as well as working with technical requirements.
- Organized, flexible & team player.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skill.
- Ability to problem solve and partner with appropriate Merchants, Planners and others to effect solutions.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, Word and Excel proficiency required.
Flex PLM, Adobe Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop) experience.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
SENIOR DESIGNER – Women’s Knits
Organization: Tommy Bahama
Location: Seattle, Washington