SENIOR DESIGNER – Outerwear (Menswear)views: 0
The Senior Designer, in partnership with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Graphics, etc.) drives the design and execution of the outerwear classification. The Senior Designer proactively seeks opportunities to ensure trend right, relevant product and achieve the financial goals of the category while supporting the brand. As a leader within the Design department, the Senior Designer supports and participates in all applicable company wide initiatives.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize the business.
• Support and participate in all relevant company wide initiatives as they arise.
• Translate seasonal concept into fully articulated line for product classification.
• Collaborate with Design Director, Color & Print to develop cohesive seasonal color palette and concepts.
• Work with merchandising to create seasonal direction in silhouette, fabric and concept that is true to the overall design direction.
• Collaborate with cross functional team to creatively solve problems throughout the product development process.
• Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business to design a line that is relevant to the customer and reflects the Nautica brand.
• Understand the intricacies of the production process as it relates to the classification including fabrics, washes, print limitations, etc.
• Send all new fabric/yarn requests to overseas factories for sourcing purposes.
• Write development sheets including detailed sketches, garment construction, fabric construction, trimmings, etc.; also include extensive pitch sheet with all color way information, pattern layout/placement information.
• Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar.
• Lead the aesthetic of all fits and styling details. Collaborate with Technical Design to establish blocks. Actively participate in fit sessions.
• Stay aware of industry trends and market competitors.
• Conceptualize, design and execute a men’s outerwear collection that can be positioned as elevated product within the current Nautica assortment.
• Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Menswear
• 7+ years of experience in Menswear
• 2 years Outerwear experience necessary
• Strong conceptual design ability, color sense, and graphic sensibility
• Proven understanding of the market demographic and Nautica customer
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
• Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
• Competency working with Excel, Photoshop, & Illustrator
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job title: SENIOR DESIGNER – Outerwear (Men’s)
Location: New York, New York