Senior Designer – Headwear – Street/Sportswearviews: 0
GLOBAL CREATIVE DIRECTOR
The Senior Designer’s primary focus is the creation of seasonal headwear collections for the KANGOL brand. This Senior Designer is a self-starter and passionate about excellent design and solving consumer needs. She or he is in tune with today’s streetwear and pop culture trends and constantly extracts insight from market, online market behavior, social communities, and current culture to fuel design. She or he handles heavy seasonal workloads confidently and independently as well as collaboration development.
(2017 collaborations include: Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Comme des Garcons, DSquared, Hood by Air)
This Senior Designer is a positive team player and self starter. She or he confidently communicates her or his point of view and understands nuances in the retail business. Ultimately, the Designer is a leader and partner in driving best-in-class deliverables.
The SEnior Designer works very closely with a small team and must be hands-on, and develop strong, enthusiastic relationships internally as well as externally with vendors and service providers.
- Provide specific market feedback and direction to support the design and development of each collection.
- Participate in and contribute to the creative department’s strategic development and direction particularly as it relates to product and brand development.
- Manage the Master Line List and Marketing Line List.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of ongoing cultural and fashion trends which relate to relevant markets. Provide input to translate those trends into product development.
- Prepare presentations and be able to present creative material on a seasonal basis for Sales Conferences, Line Closings, and Design Councils, etc.
- Understand and provide input into seasonal timelines.
- Liaise with the Global Creative Director to develop product branding, components, and internal and external creative treatments.
- Design or supervise designer to create on trend, brand-appropriate, price-appropriate collections and special makeups for each brand.
- Supervise and develop a designer.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to input all aspects of product and timing into a Line List.
- Participate in and contribute to the design of brand extensions as relevant to brand strategy.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to develop and ensure on-time delivery of Prototype round samples, Production Prototypes, Sales Samples.
- Assist Creative Director in proofing copy and approving seasonal catalogs and other printed materials.
- Travel overseas to work directly with Asian and international factories to develop prototypes. Seasonal travel to Asia is required.
- Adhere to Range Plan Development guidelines and costing requirements.
- Work with other departments and/or other designers to resolve issues involving technical specs, sourcing, or any component regarding product.
- Adhere to departmental budgets.
ALSO OPEN TO VERY QUALIFIED FREELANCERS APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or art
- Five years of experience working as a head designer
- Street / Sportswear experience, preferred
- Experience working with overseas factories
- Experience traveling overseas
- Full working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong fashion aesthetics and attunement to market fluctuations and trends
- Experience working with Blue Cherry and PLM a plus
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Senior Designer – Headwear – Street/Sportswear
Organization: Kangol Headwear
Location: New York, New York