Senior Designer, Cut & Sew – Ready-to-Wearviews: 0
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Senior Designer will work the SVP, Design – RTW to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision and Coach aesthetic for Women’s & Men’s products for all cut & sew knits. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to…
- Research artwork and silhouette design for cut and sew category, including T-Shirts and sweatshirt Sweatshirts across Men’s and Women’s Outlet and Retail channels.
- Partner with SVP, Design to refine seasonal concepts, materials, and color palette for cut and sew category.
- Collaborate with Concept team on boards and color palette.
- Create the design for cut and sew category, including constructing the garment, determining new fits and incorporating branding details.
- Create the design concept for the artwork, including: scale, technique, stitch direction, print color (select pantone), embroidery (select thread color), embellishments, patches, and artwork placement.
- Mock up the graphics, including printing out works to different scales, selecting one work and taping it onto the T-Shirt/Sweatshirt.
- Post launch, review and comment on strike-offs, ensuring design intent is met with regards to technique, color and placement; communicate modifications needed for Production.
- In addition to researching artworks, adapt handbag graphics from leathergoods so that they can be executed in RTW.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately and delivered to Development on time; ensure all samples are available for product presentation and finalization.
- Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through commercialization.
- Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Concept, Print, and Product Development on regular basis; participate in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
The accomplished individual will possess…
- Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adapt easily to change
- Passion for RTW and a thirst for knowledge
An outstanding professional will have…
- Minimum 5-7 years’ design experience focused on cut-and-sew knits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
- Excellent hand sketching skills; ability to create both freeform garment renderings and renderings on figure drawings
- Ability to CAD technical drawings
- Experience in graphic design, preferred
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of apparel development from concept through commercialization
- Understanding of materials, and garment construction & performance (i.e. strong knowledge of fabric, material quality, and how it will perform as a garment)
- Understanding of garment fit & and ability to independently conduct fittings on a model
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Senior Designer, Cut & Sew – Ready-to-Wear
Location: New York, New York