SENIOR DESIGNER – Brasviews: 0
Develops and executes the assigned categories with the seasonal trend concept and merchandise strategy from inception to completion. Manages design execution process to ensure all deadlines are met. Creates commercially viable product designs for a high volume intimates category. Reports to Senior Director, Product Development
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Creates and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new and existing styles.
- Researches and interprets fashion trends and consumer needs that uphold the integrity of the brand.
- Designs and creates sketches and specs for Product Development team, including front and back sketch, construction details, illustration, material, trims, hardware spec.
- Prepares spec sheets with details technical information.
- Maintains design records and ensures line sheets are up to date.
- Participates in fitting sessions and provides fit comments to ensure proper fit and brand integrity.
- Collaborate and communicate with key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Product Development, and Technical Design Team/s.
- Creates style boards for area of responsibility, showing silhouette and color, fabric, print/pattern options.
- Supervises, trains and develops the assigned Designer(s).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of bra design experience including technical knowledge.
- Plus size experience preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of foam cup development, wire development and bra construction.
- Strong understanding of intimates materials (laces, microfibers, elastics, woven vs rigid).
- Ability to set a creative tone and to inspire new ideas/concepts.
- Demonstrates a passion for the customer/brand, inspires individuals and relies on managerial skills to plan and accomplish goals.
- Build/maintain collaborative and effective relationships.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules, and possible travel (domestic & international).
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO is just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- The extra perks… a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on site chiropractor, café and coffeeshop, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: SENIOR DESIGNER – Bras
Location: City of Industry, CA