- images: 20
- views: 973
- date: 12-6-17
- Northwest, Northern CA, Southern CA
University of California Davis
Design major emphasizing in Fashion. Classes in: Pattern Making, Screen Printing, Draping, Apparel Production, Fashion and Textile Histories, Fashion Drawing, Surface Design and Film Studies.
Portland Fashion Institute
Fashion Forward graduate. Classes in: Apparel Business Management, Technical Drawing, Excel for Apparel Business, Strategic Marketing and Branding, and Concept Development.
Summary of Qualifications:
*Pattern drafting, draping and sewing abilities
*Small business and office experience
*Over 15 years of customer service and fashion sales skills
*Computer knowledge (Mac and PC) Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, MS suite
*Fashion illustration and flats skills
*Hand knitting and crochet knowledge
*Knowledge of and interest in fashion and current trends
*Knowledge of design and proportion as related to fashion - Experience in Plus Sizes
Owner/Independent Sales Rep / 2015-Present
• Clothing, accessory and stationary wholesale focusing on products designed and manufactured in the Pacific Northwest.
• Forge and maintain relationships with buyers.
• Communicate feedback from buyers to designers to help them improve their offerings and sales.
• Work independently and balance several tasks simultaneously.
Assistant Buyer/Store Manager / 2015-2017
• Maintained professional and timely email correspondence with vendors.
• Responsible for finding new artists and curating the boutique's assortment.
• Inspected all new product for quality control.
• Communicated daily with Owner and acted as a liaison between her and the store’s staff and vendors.
• Developed a buy plan based on passed sales, goals and market trends resulting in over 50% growth for two consecutive years.
• Created and implemented employee training manual to increase efficiency and accountability of staff.
• Created and implemented a marketing plan to increase traffic and sales in the store.
Production Designer/Production Manager, Assistant Buyer / 2013-2014
• Designed clothing for Mag-Big's house line based on target customer.
• Created patterns from sketches. Graded patterns. Production sewing. Sourced fabric.
• Set and manage production goals for the production team.
• Selected and curated product assortment
• Built and maintained relationships with vendors
• Recognized customer demand for greater size variety and spearheaded company’s expansion into the plus size market which helped to increase sales of Mag-Big's house line by over 100% over the previous year.
• Created and implemented new store procedures to increase efficiency, accountability and sales.
• Inspected new arrivals for quality control
Sales Associate, Apparel Designer
• Apparel and accessory sales.
• Created and maintained window displays.
• Designed, drafted and produced a small line of clothing for the spring/summer 2009 season. Worked closely with the store's owner to realize her vision and stay within budget.