- images: 35
- views: 2476
- date: 8-15-17
- NY Metro
New York, NY 10023
Colorish LLC, New York, NY May 2016 – Present
Freelance Design Consultant
- Design for sweater, cut-n-sew & woven, product development for missy, junior & junior plus.
- Develop for INC Macy’s sweater line from concept, color palette and trend to completion.
- Grew dress & sweater business 2-3 million in sales, partnering with retailers in West Coast market.
Lemon Grass, New York, NY October 2016 – Present
- Lead design concept for Mahtani collection managing up to 2 separate designers.
- Tech Pack & CAD the line according to customer geographic location.
Only Nine, New York, NY June 2016 – November 2016
Freelance Design Consultant
- Assist VP of Sales with appointment and trend awareness.
- Make presentation cads for private label and collection /product development.
KBL International LTD, New York, NY July 2014 – May 2016
Brand Designer - Woven, Cut n Sew, Dresses, Sweaters & Active
- Spearheaded new celebrity brand “Wendy Williams”, earning best brand launch at HSN awards.
- Oversee all aspects of product development while supervising design assistants.
- Grew HSN business over 7 Million in sales.
- Designed into all categories sweaters, woven, cut n sew knits and denim.
- Expertly managed workloads, designers/tech designers to meet rigorous deadlines.
Tramp INC, New York, NY April 2012 – July 2014
- Sourced new factories to manufacture better product at lower price points.
- Shopped London, and Paris for trend and product direction.
- Oversee all fit/color/trim approvals for production.
- Worked closely with buyers to help increase sales through product development.
Cyrus Knits, New York, NY February 2011 – April 2012
- Designed high-end contemporary line of sweaters and cut-n sew knits for ‘Evolution’.
- Produced beautiful product using a strong eye for color, fit, construction, embroideries and embellishments.
Quizz Sportswear, New York, NY October 2004 – January 2011
- Developed ‘Faded Glory’ product for Wal-Mart, missy and plus sizes.
- Met proactively with Private Label Buyers to maximize business.
- Implement seasonal design of sportswear line and follow market calendar deadlines.
- Travel to Europe 2-3 times a year for key concepts & trends (London, Paris Barcelona)
DKNY, New York, NY May 2004 – August 2004
- Assisted with production of S/S ‘04 Collection; Research and development of F/W ‘05 Collection
- Volunteered at Super Saturday Charity Event
Education The Fashion School, Kent State University, Kent, OH August 2000 – August 2004
Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design
(Founder Scholarship, 2000, Presidents Grant 200-2002, Focus on advance knitting & communication studies)
High School Of Fashion Industries, New York, NY August 1996 – August 2000
Studied Fashion Apparel Design, Honors Regents Exam, Queen Latifah Scholarship
- Strong knowledge of knit & woven fabrications and garment construction, sweater yarns stitches.
- Flexible team player with strong leadership skills
- Able to render accurate and detailed flat sketches; Hand drawn, Kaledo, Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator
- Proficient in PDM, PLM, ProComm Inventory System and Microsoft Office programs; Fluent in PC and Mac