- images: 29
- views: 10556
- date: 4-19-17
- Southern CA
Designer - Daniel Rainn - Los Angeles, CA 2016 - Current
-Design collections for Missy Sportswear (woven tops) from concept and direction from the Creative Director.
-Shop the stores domestically and traveled to Europe to study trends and new concepts.
-CAD flat sketches in Illustrator CS6 and utilize Photoshop for recoloring.
-Create tech packs, providing specs to initiate a preliminary sample for 1st pattern.
-Conducted fittings based on 1st pattern before developing market samples
-Work directly with China on a step by step process to insure the collection comes in accurately.
-Approve production tech packs, lab dips, strike offs and production bulk.
-Source fabrics and trims.
-Maintain constant communication with our team in China to insure timely and accurate arrival of samples.
-Work under tight deadlines for monthly markets
-Work directly under Creative Director on prints, color stories and bodies for every collection.
-Work with the sales department on best sellers, specific bodies for specific customers.
-Top customers are: Nordstrom Rack, Marmaxx, Stage, Bonton and other department stores.
Associate Designer - KWDZ - Los Angeles, CA 2012 - 2015
- Design from concept and direction from Head Designer in the 4-6x, 7-16 and dress division.
- Contribute creative input in the design process as well as coming up with bodies and plugging in prints. - Sketch flat sketches based off of designer’s preliminary sketches.
- Shop the stores, keep up with runway fashion and research the latest trends
- Participate in fabric meetings to assist fabric purchases contributing my own creative input.
- Source Fabric, trim and contractors, utilizing and establishing vendor relationships (domestic & Overseas)
also working with send out companies.
- Work closely with pattern makers to create 1st patterns and production pattern makers to ensure accurate fit. - Attend fittings.
- Work closely with the graphics department providing inspiration for art, and direct store CADs. - Set up costing providing detailed specifications regarding each individual style.
- Complete tech packs for the production/import team.
- Managing sample requests working directly with domestic and overseas vendors to compile fabric and trims. Utilizing 4 cutters and 2 cutters.
- Maintain a constant healthy flow of work for cutters and sewers.
- Implemented organizational systems, problem solving solutions, maintain stock of fabric and trims for
the design and sewing room.
-Created and implemented training system for new hires, while managing 2 assistants.
Associate Designer - Totem / Da Nang Freelance - Los Angeles, CA 2012 - 2012
-Researched bodies, trends, fabrics and trims.
- Choose prints, embroideries, color schemes and found inspiration from high end fashion sources to translate into bodies and prints.
- Created linesheets plugging in fabrications, trims and color schemes for design presentations.
- Sketched CADs based on inspiration garments and / or rough sketches.
- Recolored prints and embroideries utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Translated specifications to pattern maker to make first patterns with instructions and technical flat sketches - Sourced fabric and trim utilizing vendor relationships.
Assistant Designer - Choon Inc. - Los Angeles, CA 2010 - 2012
- Assisted the Head, Associate & Import/Technical Designers in the design process for 2 collections.
- Illustrated CADS for cost sheets, patterns and line sheets freehand as well as utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop. - Photographed, edited photos to create line-sheets for customers.
- Created cost sheets from a design prospective and prepared costing for the production department.
- Coordinated, tagged, tracked and prepared samples to go out to sales representatives.
- Maintained and organized the design room by creating new systems to maintain a healthy flow of
- Sourced Fabric, trim and contractors, utilizing and establishing vendor relationships.
Assistant Designer - Rachel Pally - Los Angeles, CA 2008 - 2008
- Assisted the Head Designer and Associate Designer in the design process.
- Documented and illustrated technical notes from daily fittings and translated to the production
- Ordered cuts directly from the cutter for 1st samples and duplicate samples.
- Managed and tracked all duplicate samples for showrooms and sales representatives.
- Illustrated CADS for line sheets utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Sourced Trim and fabric based on current trends, utilizing and strengthening vendor relationships.
Production Assistant - Notice Inc. - Los Angeles, CA 2005 - 2008
- Assisted numerous Production Managers for multiple divisions: managing cuts, communicating with contractors and vendors.
- Designed labels and hangtag logos utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Purchased trims for all production and design room, establishing vendor contacts.
- Assembled tech packs for overseas full package production.
- Created and corrected cost sheets, utilizing Aims and Aria.
- Managed production specifications for major department stores as well as private label, specialty
stores and boutiques: hangtags, price tickets, labels, care labels and finishing.
Liaison / Manager - Us Angels Inc. Los Angeles, CA 2002 - 2005
- Managed up to 25 employees.
My duties included: created inventory reports, oversaw imported shipments, dress preparations and created systems in order to meet monthly and quarterly quotas.
- Sold the collection at major department stores for trunk shows.
- Showed in the 2003 Las Vegas Bridal Show as a Sales Representative.