- images: 60
- views: 6209
- date: 11-7-18
- All Regions
I have a passion for design and will rise to any creative challenge. I like to think on my feet, but also to plan and manage critical paths and timelines. I will always do my best to achieve the highest quality in whatever I do and take pride in my attention to detail.
• Strong, adaptable design skills for any market
• Excellent timekeeping and critical path management
• Hardworking, efficient, friendly and a good communicator.
• Fabric knowledge – strong understanding of structure, yarn properties, washes and finishes.
• Trends – ability to identify and work with concepts and trends including colour work.
• Clear, strong and fair leadership style.
• Competent with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Excellent comprehension of Pointcarré (weave), Weavemaker, APSO Dobby Designer and APSO CADvantage Jacquard.
• Microsoft Office (Qualifications: ITC 1, IBT 2 and ECDL) Daily use of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Basic Spanish, and French
• SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER, January 2016-to date. Esquel Apparel Ltd, London.
- Mens shirts and shirting developer (Casual and Formal) and mens circular knit developer
- Garment styling and proto management - ordering, monitoring and approving
- Fabric development and design (woven and circular knit / jersey): CADwork, strike off and handlooms
- Daily liaising with clients across EU and factories in HK, China and Vietnam
- Managing critical path, key dates and timelines
- Monitoring current trends in market and visiting trade shows
- Presenting new concepts to clients and sourcing fabrics
- European travel for design meetings
- Travel in Asia to liaise with operations (sales teams and factories)
- Fabric sales with customer base across UK and EU
- Handling orders and internal approvals of lab dips, strike offs and handlooms.
- Managing a small team
- Customers include: Benetton, Bestseller, C&A, Charles Tyrwhitt, FILA, Fred Perry, Gant, H&M, John Lewis, Marc O Polo, Moss Bros, Riverwoods, Sisley, Thread, Walbusch and Zara,
• DESIGN MANAGER, January 2014-December 2015 Esquel Apparel Ltd, London
Managing a small design team. Account manager for Marks and Spencer and Charles Tyrwhitt Jersey team
Design support for customers including Fred Perry, Gant, Bestseller, Timberland and Lacoste.
• ASSISTANT DESIGN MANAGER, January 2010-December 2013 Esquel Apparel Ltd, London
Account manager for Marks and Spencer Formal and Casual shirt development and Jersey.
Design support for customers including Fred Perry, Next, Ted Baker, Gieves & Hawkes and Jaeger.
• ASSISTANT DESIGNER January 2008-December 2009 Esquel Apparel Ltd, London
Key account manager for Marks & Spencer’s Casual shirts.
Design support for customers including Fred Perry, Ted Baker and Next.
• FASHION SHOW ASSISTANT: New York Fashion Week, USA: February 2006
Support for Lacoste, Alice Temperly and Custo Barcelona shows at New York Fashion week.
• INTERNSHIP: WallaceSewell, London: August 2006
Preparing looms & finishing Woven Lengths. Processing, labelling & packaging orders. Assisting in studio shop.
• INTERNSHIP: Paul Vogel Design, Suffolk: September 2006
Assisting with development of CADs. Selecting designs for clients & organising archive for trade shows. Creating mood, colour trend and concept boards.
• INTERNSHIP: Paul Vogel at Indigo Premiere Vision, Paris: September 19th – 22nd 2006
Paul Vogel at Indigo. Assisted on the stand at the tradeshow; supporting with client meetings.