- images: 37
- views: 2218
- date: 7-9-18
- NY Metro, International
Cell: (917) 791-0722
Summary: Results-oriented Designer with attention to detail and strong technical and organizational skills.
Education: Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA - Graduated Cum Laude: 2007
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Fashion and Graphic Design Program
Skill: CAD Sketching / Technical Design / Illustration Rendering / Color Separations / Fabric and Trim Development /Sewing / Draping / Pattern Making / Garment Specifications /
Line Development / Presentation Boards / Trend Research Forecasting / Product Management
Technology: PC and MAC: PLM, WebPDM, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Adobe CS: Photoshop/ Illustrator /Acrobat Pro Programs.
Chasing My Dreams™ Clothing, LLC. - New York City (Metro Area) 9/2015 - Present
Designer / Technical Designer
-Designed Men's line from concept to final product.
-Managed business finances, marketing and design development including technical designing.
-Created and successfully launched website ( www.iamcmd.com ) and e-commerce.
Rutgers University – Camden, NJ 9/2016 - 1/2017
-Designed and produced T-Shirts for Winter 2017 NJCORE “Telling Our Story” Project.
Fila - New York City 3/2015- 9/2015
Associate Technical Designer
-Created technical packages and construction detail sketches.
-Supported fit approval process, concentrating on fit and construction.
-Prepared designers for fit sessions, evaluated samples, wrote comments and communicated daily with overseas vendors.
TrHust™ Clothing, LLC. – Atlanta, GA/ New York City (Metro Area). 12/2012- Present
Designer / Technical Designer
- Established business finance plans, brand concepts, and intellectual property.
- Designed Men's line from concept to final product. Including technical spec work, proto and sales sample development, line planning, source managing, buying and imports. Performed trend research, color story, and theme development.
Ralph Lauren Corporation - New York, NY 1/2009- 11/2012
Brand: Blue Label CYO, Black/Purple Label, RLX Men's and Women's
Associate Technical Designer - Knits
- Responsible for creating and managing tech packs from initial hand-off through final stock approval.
- Solved development issues including pattern corrections and fit/construction of samples.
- Produced detail sketches, logo placement for construction, and How To diagrams/manuals.
- Created new graded spec standards and Communicated with vendors overseas to solve daily production issues.
Headgear Sportswear Inc. - Virginia Beach, VA 12/2007-6/2008
Brand: Blac Label Premium, Simple Mathematics, Gun Metal, and True Ambition Footwear
Technical Designer/ Designer
- Created and managed trim packages, sales catalogs, and technical packages of all company brands.
- Developed new trims, stitches, prints, embellishments, sketches, techniques, and selected fabric washes.
- Trained designers to create production ready artwork, vector re-draws, color separations, and spec measurements.
RP55 Inc. - Virginia Beach, VA 1/2006-1/2008
Brand: Azzure’ Denim - Imperial Junkie
- Performed graphic design duties including creating garment flats, trims, and seamless patterns.
- Updated specs, technical sketches, CAD’s, and developed denim washes. Responsible for sample development including fabric trim sourcing, and sample approval comments.