Manager, Design – Cut & Sew and Wovensviews: 0
Location: New York City
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports into the Director, Design.
The Design Manager is responsible for successful execution of a brand design strategy. In this role core responsibilities are color and concept development by delivery, design and development of seasonal design strategy. Responsible for timely execution of key design milestones from concept through final buy meeting. Leads collaboration with execution partners including sourcing, technical design, merchandising, planning, and buying. Partners with external Design and vendor partners as appropriate by band Maintain strong working relationship with L& Fung and other major suppliers.
Role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for development and Delivery of Seasonal Design Strategy
- Drive timely execution of Design Calendar
- Lead collaboration with execution partners- internal and externals
- Leadership and management of design team, process and product
- Excellent management, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Highly professional demeanor and appearance.
- Knowledge of current Design technology including the Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office
- Strong flat sketching skills in Adobe Illustrator
- Firm understanding of garment construction
- Strong understanding of development process as relates to overseas factories
- Confidence to present research trends and designs to leadership team and cross functional partners
- Polished organizational skills, with ability to prioritize
- Ideal candidate would be able to work in a professional fast paced environment and be able to deal with shifting priorities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in design or or merchandising
- 5-7 year of related experience
- Experience in cut and sew and wovens
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Manager, Design – Cut & Sew and Wovens
Organization: Lord & Taylor
Location: New York, New York