DESIGNER – Women’s Mainline Collectionviews: 0
Brooks Brothers has been a clothing experience for discerning customers for 200 years. We build on our reputation for product quality and style every day. Careers and life milestones have been defined in Brooks Brothers clothing: whether a first suit or an event dress. We are looking for an Designer that respects our heritage while inspiring our future and executes within our Brooks Brothers Brand image and philosophy for our Women’s Mainline Collection.
Success in creativity in this role is not measured in how much the product identity can be changed but by how much our heritage can be leveraged to respect our history while inspiring our future: delivering an elevated and sophisticated aesthetic that is always at the heart of our consumer.
This person will be highly collaborative; confidently leading through challenges and obstacles, remaining pragmatic and positive; tactful, realistic, inspiring to teams and colleagues, and comfortable and experienced in collaborating on collection design.
- Design and help develop seasonal collection of separates, softs, and outerwear for the Women’s Mainline Collection.
- Collaborate with the Design Director and team to create seasonal color and concepts
- Research and develop fabric, trim and trends through interface with mills, vendors, trade show attendance and shopping the market.
- Complete design and trim packages, assemble all presentation boards and support preparation for market week and special projects.
- Maintain all follow up on design development, including Lab dips, strike-offs.
- Work closely with Brand Manager to design to cost in product map.
- Participate in all fittings and correction follow up with Product Engineer and PLM team.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Talented Designer must possess excellent sketching skills in photo shop and illustrator and be tech savvy.
- Preferably proficient in PLM.
- Organized, efficient with ability to multi task in a fast environment.
- Contribute to fabric and trim research and development and seasonal concepts.
- Create design development packages in PLM.
- Must collaborate well with others and all cross functional teams such as Brand Managers, PLM Managers, and Product Engineers.
- Ability to support the product map, calendar and target price.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: DESIGNER – Women’s Mainline Collection
Organization: Brook’s Brothers
Location: New York, New York