Designer, Women’s Footwearviews: 0
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Designer, Women’s Retail Footwear is responsible for developing ideas and executing product design in line with the conceptual direction for a season. They partner with individuals internal and external to Coach in Merchandising, Quality, Product Development, Materials Development, Licensing and our third party licensing partner.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to…
- Create and develop sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process. Partner to refine seasonal concept, lasts, materials, hardware, and color palette.
- Travel to Asia with developmental partners to execute designs; partner with factories to ensure design and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all designs documentation for casual and sport footwear are delivered to development partners on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
- Participate in seasonal assortment edits with the Merchandising and Licensee.
- Responsible for ensuring the design integrity is met throughout the entire product development process from concept through manufacturing.
- Actively participate in weekly Category Team Meetings with partners to ensure the timely and high quality execution of the product and creative vision.
The accomplished individual will possess…
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform sketches and renderings
- Experience in developing product directly with factories; understanding development from concept through manufacturing
- Exceptional proficiency in of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and Excel
- Understanding of Coach aesthetic.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
An outstanding professional will have…
- 5+ years of experience in footwear design with proven abilities in casual and sport shoe categories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Design related field preferred
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Designer, Women’s Footwear
Location: New York, NY