Designer- Men’s Apparelviews: 0
Designer – Department
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The Designer creates the design, development, selection and approval of materials, silhouettes, color usage, and patterns appropriate for assigned brand and classification.
- Interprets the seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities, and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
- Creates original concepts that encompass style, color, and fabric for assigned brands to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with the brand profile. Initiates product packages through the Technical Designers.
- Prepares line and presentation materials for Trend Concept Work Session, Concept Sample Line Review, and line review sessions as needed. Partners with Product Managers to present Concept Sample Line Review and other meetings as needed for area of responsibility.
- Travels as needed, shops appropriate markets, and works with the Trend Office and Product and Design Team to conceptualize product design for the season.
- Completes timely approval of all strike-offs, handlooms and knit-downs; reviews final assortment for fit, construction, fabrication, coloration and returns signed confirmation sample to vendor.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action Calendar.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in design product and fabrication knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of the technical aspects of assigned category, ability to design around concepts and design flat sketches, technical and computer skills, design and color sense, presentation, persuasion, organization, time management, written and verbal communication.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Location: Plano, Texas
Job Title: Designer- Men’s Apparel