Designer – Knitwearviews: 0
Parker is seeking a Designer – Knitwear.
Founded in NYC, Parker was created, and is designed, for the city girl in all of us. Her spirit is feminine and fearless and her style is easy and effortless. With Parker, it is never about trying too hard. Parker’s designs capture the season’s trends with pieces that are easy to buy and easy to wear.
The Knitwear Designer executes the design and development of all Sweater and Cut and Sew product from conception to final prototype for assigned product(s). Is fully responsible for entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, specing, proto fittings and production comments through to bulk.
- Understand the Parker aesthetic and translate it into brand appropriate product for 12 deliveries a year
- Responsible for managing entire Sweater/Cut and Sew product line including market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit in collaboration with Head of Design
- Lead the seasonal development of conceptual stitches, in addition to identifying and sourcing new brand appropriate yarns and key silhouettes
- Proactively execute and drive the sampling process to meet calendar deadlines
- Communicate daily with overseas factories to develop swatches, provide fit comments and track seasonal development
- Lead seasonal presentations through design boards, CAD artwork, swatches and garment samples
- Work with Production team to spec and fit garments providing final specs that maintain original design aesthetic
- 5-7 years technical and conceptual Knitwear experience
- Overseas development experience
- Strong sketching ability to sell ideas
- Contemporary taste level and strong eye for color
- Excellent presentation, written and organization skills
- Ability to adhere to key calendar dates
- Detail oriented, proactive and organized
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Outlook and Excel
- Design Degree with a specialization in knitwear
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a close team
The successful candidate will enjoy Competitive Compensation, Summer Friday’s, Benefits, matching 401K, Flexible Spending Plan, Paid Time Off and Clothing Allowance.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Designer – Knitwear
Organization: Rebecca Taylor
Location: New York, New York