DESIGNER – Hard Homeviews: 0
Home Furnishings Hard Goods and Trend Designer will be responsible for trend research, design direction and design of furniture and wall décor. The designer will carry out the duties of the Design Department, including design, trend research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The candidate will also collaborate with the Product Development Team, Merchants, Foreign and Domestic manufacturers and suppliers on BBB proprietary design projects, attend presentations to buyers in conjunction with the Director of Global Trends, and manage a new team of assistants and support, for furniture development, that will be built beneath this position.
The home categories include but not limited to: furniture casegoods & upholstery, bath furniture and wall decor. This an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about trend, craftsmanship and innovation.
- Works with Vice President of Design, Global Trend Director, Senior Merchant Team and Brand Team to build trend and brand style guides for furniture, bath furniture and wall décor.
- Attend Trade Shows, Trend events, visit furniture showrooms, and inspirational events and showcases, report and incorporate latest trend and business information into design.
- Travel to overseas factories to ensure development is executed to design standards.
- Use SolidWorks 3D CAD software to create models and drawings of products.
- Research new materials and methods of development.
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture trends.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design.
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Designer – Hard Home
Organization: Bed Bath & Beyond
Location: Union, NJ