DESIGNER – Dresses and Skirtsviews: 0
The Designer creates and develops unique sweater product that is brand appropriate while being modern and cutting edge, balances core and trend items, and enhances through the details which set the product apart from other brands. The designed product complements the assortment and creates an imaginative, cohesive collection that reinforces the seasonal mood and direction.
- Interpret trends through the design and development of Chico’s brand appropriate assortment including all design elements which make the product unique and special, such as trim and details, while maintaining a balance between fashion and core items.
- Technical knowledge of Yarn sizes, Gauges, Stiches and finishing of Sweater garments.
- Manage multiple seasons at different stages of development while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
- Research and develop key yarns and stitches, print and pattern and trims.
- Stay abreast of trends, both directional and retail, and evolves the product by updating silhouette and redesigns appropriate product to ensure a cutting edge assortment.
- Work with Director on total concept and create and implement seasonal direction and mood for assortment.
- Maintain awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- Identify and work directly with Tech Designers in the creation of key fashion silhouettes while maintaining a fit that represents the brand and the customer.
- Communicate on a regular basis with sweater vendors on the development of the product throughout the design process.
- Partner with Merchants and Product Managers throughout the development process.
- Manage, mentor, and develop Design Assistants and Associates.
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 6+ years in the Apparel/Sweater design industry, preferably contemporary market
- Computer proficient in Adobe programs, AI sketching and FlexPLM or comparable program
- Exceptional taste level desired for Brands
- Excellent silhouette and trend forecasting ability
- Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Strong management and mentoring skills
DESIGNER – Dresses and Skirts
Location: Fort Myers, Florida