DESIGNER – Denim (WHBM)views: 0
DESIGNER – Denim (WHBM)
This position is responsible for building and developing a product category. Works closely with teams to create the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, margin requirements, and completion of product. Manages brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships. This position has a creative eye for product with the ability to drive business forward.
- * Develops product and partners with other categories to ensure cohesive design direction.
- * Works with the cross functional teams to coordinate assortments for presentation through artwork print, fabric, silhouettes, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- * Provides clear direction and demonstrate a strong point of view.
- * Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- * Executes development interpretation and communicate creative packages and deadlines to internal and external teams.
- * Executes timelines on development calendar and line plan needs.
- * Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- * Prepares and assists in seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant team by creating line presentation and concept boards.
- * Manages fabric development and seasonal presentation for core category in partnership with raw materials.
- * Shops stores to identify comp shop reports and identify trends relative to the business and purchases samples that our applicable to our customer.
- * May attend fits in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- * May present at design meetings.
- * May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes.
- * Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor’s degree required, 4 year college degree in Design
- 5+ years’ experience in design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigate and lead through change
- Strong knowledge Fit and construction
- Hand on/ Dynamic team player
- Strong listening skills
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims. Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- InDesign and Micrographx experience preferred