DESIGNER – Concept & CADviews: 0
Lead the Creative Concept process of the Brand’s seasonal assortments as well as special collections or branding initiatives. Develop seasonal themes with regard to print, color, fabric, and silhouette. Present these concepts in a well told story to inspire and drive product development. Remain current on industry trends and the competitive landscape to forecast and identify upcoming trends that will work within seasonal assortments. Ensure all seasonal strategies support Merchant objectives and overall Brand strategies.
- Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends as appropriate for the brand.
- Set and drive the Brand’s seasonal fashion direction (color, trend and vision).
- Lead and execute research and development of seasonal trends.
- Present seasonal trends to senior leadership and Executive Committee.
- Partner with cross functional teams to share information on emerging trends to ensure synergy and consistency within a brand.
- Partner with Merchants and Designers to drive and develop seasonal collections.
- Provide runway and trend reports to Design team and cross-functional partners.
- Develop merchandise strategies and utilize trend information to develop cohesive collections.
- Spend time in NY&C stores to best understand how the customer is responding to trends and concepts.
- Shop competitive and aspirational retail, trade shows and markets for new merchandise, trend ideas, and design inspirations (materials, fashion, color).
- Develop domestic vendor partnerships inclusive of design for the development of prints.
- Produce cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples.
- Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies, and overall creative direction.
- Edit the product line with Merchant team ensuring program and style plans are supported by key items.
- Collaborate with Marketing on development of new packaging, brand/label and hangtag needs.
- Attend Brand Concept and Strategy Meetings.
- Custom Print Development.
- Scanning and cleaning color prints, re-colorings, flats, color matching, graphics, repeats, texture mapping and palette building.
- Printing design layouts on treated fabrics through the use of in house printers.
- Maintaining and tracking all artwork developed within CAD department.
- 10+ years in Women’s apparel design with at least 5 years in concept.
- Strong color sense/print sense.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of fabric construction.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Kaledo and Microsoft Office suite.
Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Fine Arts
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Designer – Concept & CAD
Organization: New York & Company
Location: New York, NY