Designer – Collections and Special Makeupsviews: 0
Happy Socks is currently making an exciting transition in the United States and now requires a skilled Designer to join the new NYC-based office. You will be part of an entirely new setup, which combines the exciting environment of a startup, with the security of an established and thriving multinational corporation.
In this role, you’ll work closely together with our Creative Director, Product Manager, Product Developer and US Country Manager to effectively design products for Happy Socks collections and special makeups for the US market.
The designs should be developed according to the assortment plan and the concept for respective collection, to grow Happy Socks’ brand and reach the company’s goals.
The role is very ‘hands-on’ and involves the entire Happy Socks product portfolio, which includes both socks and underwear. It requires a genuine understanding of the brand and the product, a proactive approach, attention to detail and the ability work at a fast pace to support US customer needs.
You will be part of the Merchandise team in the Marketing department and report to the Head of Merchandise (who is based in Stockholm).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Designer with specific responsibilities of Happy Socks, HS by Happy Socks, private label and special makeup products for the US market
- Design according to the assortment plan, creative direction and company objectives to support US business needs.
- Finalize artworks and technical packs with Product Developer for all US product categories.
- Main liaison between Design and Supply departments regarding US product design work to ensure a smooth workflow, on-time delivery and help make sure strategic design objectives are fulfilled.
- Keep an effective and structured work process and communication from Design to Supply department regarding US product design work.
- Check development samples for US products, and improving products together with the Product Developer.
- Develop and produce assortment and design presentations and overviews based on requests from Product Manager and US Country Manager.
Requirements & skills:
- 2-3 years working experience as a designer at a fashion/apparel company
- Experience working with print and/or graphic design
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Design experience within socks, underwear/lingerie and/or accessories is a plus
Make sure to upload or link your portfolio when you send us your application!
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Designer – Collections and Special Makeups
Organization: Happy Socks AB
Location: New York, NY