DESIGNER – ACTIVE & SWIM (Innovative & Trend-Appropriate)views: 0
Create and execute innovative, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the active and swim customer & competition through regular shopping of the retail floor
- Research and identify trend directions; perform and review competitive analysis; oversee and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, inspirational photos
- Create a trusted aesthetic that is brand aligned
- Create and send completed tech packs/PLM collaborations- Strong PLM skills
- Attend proto fittings/problem solve.
- Partner with technical designers while building product. Create patterns when needed.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility
- Communicate regularly with product development manager to gather input and share line development direction
- Communicate on a daily basis with factories to share line development direction or product changes
- Provide leadership on styling, fabrication, and color development, as well as technical innovation.
- Design and execute development of initial seasonal category in context of larger assortment and cost structure. Ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Incorporate knowledge of cost of goods, suggested retail pricing, and margin implications into the development of line.
- Develop and present product line to internal teams and management (explain and teach features and benefits).
- Understand and incorporate consumer preferences, retail customer needs, competitor activity, and other trends relating to product categories and segments.
- BA or BS degree in the field of design is a strong plus
- A minimum of 5+ years in apparel development and fashion design.
- Specific expertise in Active, a must. Swim experience a plus.
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Ability to support Director
- Ability to focus, manage time, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment; work independently
- A hungry, meticulous go-getter who works with a sense of urgency and knows how to prioritize
- Problem solver skills
- Possess the capacity to absorb large amounts of information
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate creative ability and commercialize accordingly
- Excellent communication skills via phone and email
- Positive attitude / Team player
- Strong creative and innovative thinking. Knowledge of building garment specifications and expanded technical experience in functional garments.
- Experience communicating with domestic and off shore manufacturing facilities.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Travel to vendors to work on development and execution of product.
- Advanced skills in Illustrator and PS, CAD
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
DESIGNER – ACTIVE & SWIM (Innovative & Trend-Appropriate)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia