DESIGNER, Bedroom Furniture – 5+ Years Experienceviews: 0
Design and develop inspiring and innovative bedroom furniture products to support seasonal concepts, market trends, and customer/business needs. Under the leadership of the director, own the development process for each product from sketch to approval.
* Translate design briefs into inspired design content that responds to market opportunities and overarching brand design direction.
* Develop designs from initial concept through approval.
* Own the development process through daily communication with internal teams, vendors, agents, and brand partners.
* Collaborate with brand partners to create specification packages and product comments.
* Create presentation packages and product renderings.
* Present designs to internal and external teams.
* Develop designs through sketching and 3D modeling.
* Coordinate sample presentations and organize samples.
* Review, comment, and issue approvals on products.
* Maintain records of approved keep samples.
* Are passionate about product design and interiors.
* Have exceptional organizational and communication skills.
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
* Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
* Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 5 years professional experience required.
* Degree in industrial design, interior design, architecture, or equivalent experience.
* Experience with drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering a must (we use Graphite, Autocad, Rhino, and Keyshot).
* Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Outlook are essential.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: DESIGNER, Bedroom Furniture – 5+ Years Experience
Organization: West Elm
Location: Brooklyn, NY