Design Associate, Printviews: 0
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop, and today is a leading New York design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality, and our commitment to the customer experience.
At Coach, we bring together strong, collaborative people in a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for exceptional talent to thrive.
Primary Purpose: The Associate Designer – Print will work with the Senior Designer and Designer to help initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision and Coach aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
The position reports to Senior Print Designer.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to…
- Create new and on-brand prints for multiple categories and labels within the House, through original work or purchased files, clean and color separate the artwork and create repeats
- Ensure consistent alignment with design and brand vision
- Create CADs of prints for in-house presentations
- Create mill ready art packages for multiple categories and labels within the house (both sampling and production)
- Work proactively according to development calendar, to stay ahead of timelines
- Responsible for CAD work (textile, pattern layouts, logos, graphics) from concept to finish, including all edits/changes.
- Research and Design for Soft Accessories collection, from initial concept to product realization
- Manage workload from conception to production.
- Ensure presentation boards are updated with most accurate art and information.
- Partner with cross-functional departments within design, product development & materials
The accomplished individual will possess…
- 3-5 years of textile design work experience, in accessories &/or apparel market
- Degree in Textile Design, Graphic Design, or related field
- Excellent hand sketching and CAD skills
- Highly-developed taste level and excellent color sense
- Must be highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop user, additional proficiency in Ned Graphics a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to change
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented – excellent calendar adherence and ownership
- Excellent time management skills
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Design Associate, Print
Location: New York, NY